Questions about visiting brazil

ok.  thanks.

I totally agree with you ,,,,Brazil is beautiful ,the people ,the food ,the bugs lololo ,,but im getting use to them ,,,,but if you have no connection ,it wont be easy,,,I just moved here from Canada ,,and without my partner here it would have been no reason ,sorry,,only ,yes I would of had a vacation to see tourist places and visited local places ,,but you need to know the right people ,,,,to take you to these places ,with tour guides ,,,not just anyone ,,,,
Life is simple here or rich ,,,,
I would suggest to  you New York,,, book a tour through a travel agency ,,with transportation included ,,hotels ,,go to a lot of local towns ,not the big cities ,,,

K

Stevefunk,

I'm been thinking about your words. 

I have a couple of questions:   

1.    You mentioned, “ Just depends - getting harder with the crisis but people find Jobs - in São Paulo
I can't stress this enough - you want to Work get a real job (or even an English job)  you HAVE to go to São Paulo.”
Let's say that down the road, I become a Brazilian citizen…  Does your advice about how you have to live in Sao Paulo to get a decent job apply even after becoming a Brazilian citizen, or can you live in any Brazilian city after becoming a Brazilian citizen and have a good chance of finding a decent job?

2.    “São Paulo is HUGE over 50km across but you will want to stay in the central area and there the metro is excellent, I spent three weeks there travelling around all by  Metro , very easy.....Also traffic in SP is HELL , this is a known fact but it's also a status thing wealthy Brazilians would rather sit in an air conditioned SUV in traffic for an hour than deal with the public tranport, But I LOVED the SP metro, much cleaner and more modern than NYC , but the problem is the grid it covers is much smaller , you'll have to study some maps of SP and the metro system to get an idea.
Basically you want to live near the region "vila madalena sao paulo"  , this is a great area with a large expat community and plenty of nightlife, no car necessary”
Why did you recommend Vila Madalena Sao Paulo?  Is it because it's a central area (which means that I will have less of a commute to wherever I need to go), or is it because of the expat community and nightlife?

3.    Why is it good to live near expats?  Is it because they can give me tips of getting permanent residency and other similar things?  The only problem is that if I make a bunch of expat friends, we might be speaking in English a lot, which would prevent me from assimilating to speaking in portuguese
“Sao Paulo def seen as land of opportunity , like New York in terms of it's financial capital but
nothing like NYC in terms of Cosmopolitan vibe, arts , culture and safety”

You might be surprised about nyc.  When I first moved to nyc, I thought it would be the closest thing to moving abroad that I could do, with so many immigrants from all over the world in nyc, but nyc doesn't feel very international.  For the most part, the immigrants are all Americanized. 
I've noticed that a lot of new Yorkers fantasize about moving to somewhere else.

4. i'll be looking for a place to live in sao paulo.  are there any DANGEROUS neighborhoods in sao paulo that you would advise that i stay away from?

5. what are some SAFE neighborhood in sao paulo that you would recommend living in?

6.    You mentioned that engineering is a saturated market, and it's probably not the best degree to get.  Do you still see that being the case in about 8 years time?

7.    What are some well-paying professions that you think are in high demand in brazil and which will continue to be in high demand in the future?

8.    Do you happen to know what kind of degree that I would need for those high-paying jobs in the last question? 

(if I have to get a student visa in brazil, I might as well pay for some schooling that is useful, after my Portuguese gets to a good level)

thanks

Nigga Please! :P  I ain't no goddamn fortune teller

vila madalena sao paulo"  , this is a great area with a large expat community and plenty of nightlife, no car necessary”
Why did you recommend Vila Madalena Sao Paulo?  Is it because it's a central area (which means that I will have less of a commute to wherever I need to go), or is it because of the expat community and nightlife?   - BOTH ALL OF THOSE REASONS

“Sao Paulo def seen as land of opportunity , like New York in terms of it's financial capital but
nothing like NYC in terms of Cosmopolitan vibe, arts , culture and safety”

WELL SP IS A DANGEROUS BRAZILIAN CITY, IT's NOT COSMOPOLITAN AT ALL, very few immigrants  95% BRAZILIAN

Minster.. have you been to Brasil yet? You are bouncing around locations with long questions and not really about Curitiba.
It took me a few trips before deciding to live here.
SP is not cheap........I cannot see you having a fair paying job, going to school and such without a good amount of funds in US.
It takes a long time to get visas, much lees RNE ad then years to be a citizen.
Come to Brasil and see for yourself how we live.

lol, stevefunk.  ok.  thanks

btw, i got my yellow fever shot a few weeks ago per your suggestion.

texanbrazil, i was accepted into a school in sao paulo.  i have my acceptance letter.  i haven't gotten my student visa yet.  but i'll go to the consulate in a week or two.

i'm just going to skip the reconnaissance trip.  i'm just going to go.  i know i'm taking a risk, but i can't see it being worse than the U.S.  Plus, i've traveled a good amount, and brazil's the last country i'm really interested in living in.

i noticed that this thread was posted in the curitiba forum.  i don't know why it's in the curitiba forum.  i never meant to post it there.  I always meant for this to be a general inquiry thread.