Best compunds and pricing

Hello Guys,
Hope all are doing great.  Im moving to Riyadh in Jan and was wondering if anyone has compiled a list of the best compounds and their relative pricing.  We are mainly interested in in a 3 bedroom Villa and there are no great sources of information online on compounds in Riyadh.

Thanks again for all your help on this :)

Hi Mz0101

There is no such thing a best compound it depends on what you are looking for and your budget. It also depends on your family circumstances when you get here. Do you need it near to schools etc
Any of the established compounds have not dropped their prices even though some are only 50% full. Any compound that has the army guarding it will be much more expensive than one that does not. Use google to get a list of compounds and  then contact them direct. Perhaps get in touch with your embassy in Riyadh also.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

May I ask. Why compounds?

Because he is a western expat and generally western expats are more comfortable in a compound as there is less compromise on lifestyle choices i.e. dress how you want, availability of entertainment options incl. alcohol etc.  Before anyone jumps in, it is not just a western expat thing - a lot of people are more comfortable in compounds whereas some are perfectly fine outside as well.  Matter of choice.

I don't have a list but have experienced Al-Bustan compound.  It seems to be the top end compound for westerners but is very pricey.  And yes, the army guards are usually in front of western dominated compounds which again, tend to be much pricier.

Hi

Try this website the prices are up to date, Nakhla is on the pricy side and the best by far or you can check out California which is just as nice and new but cheaper

Good luck

https://www.rightcompound.com/city/riyadh

I see that you appear to be Irish, as is my husband, the man who is planning to bring us all out to Riyadh! I'm REALLY keen to find out as much as I can about the BISR over there so I  was wondering if you might be a font of all knowledge with regards to the British International School or if not you, someone that you know...

Many thanks

Hi

From what I hear they have a long waiting list so you might want to start contacting them and put your kids on the list maybe by the time you move they ll have a spot.

Hello MZ
Depends on budget really, anything from 70k SR per year, through to 300k per year. Compounds tend to very pricey here,  but are also favoured by the Western and other expats for the lifestyle they offer.

As many expats have left recently, many of the compounds have now reduced their prices. From what I've personally viewed, I think the new Wadi Qurtoba offers an excellent standard for reasonable money. The only downside is that due to is being very new and very large, the occupancy rate is still quite low, but I suspect this will pick up soon.

Good luck.

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please post your ad in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct