Most suitable area to live in Kuwait for European couple?

Hi everyone.

Myself and my husband will be moving to Kuwait soon and would like to get an idea of where would be the the most suitable place for us to rent a flat.

He will be working and will have a car, but I might be at home for a while until I can find work. I would like to be somewhere with things to do in the community and within walking distance or accessible by public transport/taxi. Close to the beach or a park to take walks would be nice too.

Another question Im hoping to bring over my dog after settling in. How well are pets received here in the communities and are there good pet sitting services available for when we have to travel?

Thanks in advance,

Sarah.

Hello Sarah and welcome to the forum. Pretty much the only place that fits your description, especially the part about being "walk friendly" is Salmiya. Salmiya is a popular neighbourhood pecisely for this reason, but I avoid it as my office in not close and it is crowded. That being said, Salmiya mostly consists of multistorey residential buildings, which may be a problem if you are looking to bring your dog over. In that case an apartment or a floor in a villa or a smaller building with a yard might be more suitable, but you won't find those in Salmiya. Salwa though is close by and you could find something there that might be more suitable.

Sometimes landlords specifically tell if the pets are allowed or not, but it is best to check. Culturally cats are more tolerated than dogs.

We have used Pet Land (http://www.petlandkw.com) for our two cats and it worked out fine.

Let me know if you got any specific questions.

Its better rent a house or apartment near your work location