Visa EB allowance

Dear All ,

Just arrived after 4 months absence for medical reason . The allowance to ordinary visa Type EB  is  linked to a work permit .
In that case the tourist visa is given  for a month ,is it renewable !
Any possibility to get visa EB for long residence here without  a job contract ,even for  few months ?
Any advise  for an expert in this field ??
Thank  you

Jean Marie Siem Reap

Hello Jean Marie.

Tourist visas are valid for one month and can be extended once for another month.

Ordinary visas can be extended for short or longer time, 1, 3, 6 and 12 months.

EB is for workers or people having their own business.

For non-workers there are 3 other options:

ER [retirement] for people 55 or over, without documentation. Or under 55 if disabled or proof of sufficient income from abroad.

ES [student] for people that are enlisted in a recognized official education institute, proof needed.

EG [general] for people searching for a job or preparing their own business.
EG for 6 months does not require any documents.

So I think you would be best off with a EG extension of stay for 6 months. Together with your initial Ordinary visa for one month you got 7 months to stay. After the EG expires you have to leave the country but can repeat the whole thing.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Dear  Joe ,

Thank  you Joe for clarify the different  options  for VISA status !   EG sounds the best option and enough time to settle with paperwork .
So  my next visit  will apply ordinary visa .

Thank you  and have a good sunday  !

Regards

JEAN

jmchartier wrote:

Dear  Joe ,

Thank  you Joe for clarify the different  options  for VISA status !   EG sounds the best option and enough time to settle with paperwork .
So  my next visit  will apply ordinary visa .

Thank you  and have a good sunday  !

Regards

JEAN

You're most welcome Jean!

Joe