IBM offer immediately

hi everyone,

i am alex, i have received an offer from an agency for the post of accounting analyst in IBM, the offer's so fast as they said that the post is urgent (they require to work one week later) and the interview was not very difficult that i might think it's too good to be true. Is there anyone here face the same situation. Need the help through your experiences.

Thank you so much

guys, i really need to hear somethings from you, please share, thanks you <3

BEST TO RING IBM to check if they are hiring.

Sounds like it may be a job scam. Did they ask you pay any money or to enter Malaysia on a tourist visa?

It's impossible to start work in one week, because they need to apply for an employment pass and potentially Single Entry Visa (VDR).

Entering on a tourist visa means without EP approval means no endorsement is possible. You potentially end up overstaying the tourist visa and then become illegal immigrant which can lead to deportation and 5 year ban, when you try to leave.

alex.dang wrote:

guys, i really need to hear somethings from you, please share, thanks you <3

Post a copy of the email and all other contact details you have - Everything - even what doesn't look important like a fax number or a mobile.
Remove your own contact details before you do
If you aren't happy at posting on the forum, send them to be by PM

Yes, please add a screenshot of the email so that audience can try and dissect it.

You need EMPLOYMENT PASS approval - and the application could be rejected (that is why the immigration RULE is you remain in your home country until approval)

hi Gravitas
i did some check today then i dont think it's a scam as they sent me the link to apply on ibm website, and i already check with ibm staff, they said that the post is real. so now the problem is i can not change the visa in one week right?
have you ever experience such a case? is there any way that i can legally change the job without going out of malaysia? thank you

and now i am having the EP category III valid till next Feb

So are you in Malaysia on a Tourist Visa? And are you asking if you can remain in Malaysia and get an EP in one week?

Never been done and especially not for Category III where you need Visa Approval, Medical and Single Entry Visa

INCOME TAX - if you only get a visa until April 2019 you will be paying 28% October-December 2018 and also January-February 2019

I certainly don't think you should accept such a short visa.

Gravitas,
maybe i made you confused or i still not get your point, maybe please help check my case again

i am working here in Malaysia under EP category III (Mar 2018 to Feb 2019)
but now i have a new better offer, the salary meet the require of EP II
but new company ask for joining on Oct 8th,

i am wondering in this case, can the company in some way can process the new EP for me so that i can stay here to work like they said?

as i understand i need to cancel the old visa and apply for the new one, so i need a cooling off time right? or can they process the cancelling and applying in the same time, i am not very sure, by their way somehow i can stay here and continue the work?

i like the new job but i also dont want to face any troubles staying here.
please give me an advise, thank you

You don't need a 3 month cooling off period if you are moving from Category III to Category II

Your current EP will need cancelling before the new application can be approved

You will need a "no objection letter/certificate" from your current employer.  This means that they release you from their Contract of Employment.

You may run into problems with your current employer not giving you the release letter and being slow to cancel your EP

So joining within one week is impossible - because it does not sound as if you have Resigned yet and if you look at the Contract of Employment - it should say how much notice you have to give (usually at least one month but sometimes three or more)

To be honest, it sounds like there is really NO job offer from IBM. They would know its completely impossible for you to join them in one week. So its more like "if you could join in one week, we would want to employ you"

I would be very careful about resigning etc. when IBM are putting impossible requirements on you. You could end up with NO JOB at all.

To add to what is written above, it is always advisable to work the first year's contract uninterrupted and not to try and move before the time is completed.  You just need to be looking for a job nearer the end of your current EP. That way the transfer is much easier and smoother as you don't need the No Objection Letter.

If IBM were impressed with you they should act responsibly and not put impossible demands on you.

Hopefully they will want to recruit you immediately after your current EP finishes. But you will need to make sure your current employer is aware you will be leaving them nearer the time, so they don't start to process an EP extension.

IBM are acting irresponsibly by dealing with you in the current way.

Just as a note

Poster should be aware many scam job offers use reputable companies' names in their attempts to steal from victims.
This is why those contact details are important.
What looks like a real site might very well be a copy placed on the net in order to fool people.

Gravitas wrote:

IBM are acting irresponsibly by dealing with you in the current way.

Only if it is IBN, and there's a chance it isn't.
They're going to be well up on immigration law and know what's reasonable and legal against what is not, but scammers tend to pressure their victims, thus suggesting this might not be IBM at all.

That's why I suggest seeing copies of the emails, you'd be amazed what you can find out.

thanks Gravitas,
I still not receive official offer from ibm, they are requiring some online test before issuing that offer, so i believe the job is not scam, but when i ask the ibm staff that how can they process the EP within one month, they told me to wait until was given the offer letter then they will guide me

so Gravitas, if then have you ever witness such a case? i really curious about it, how can they can be sure that they can offer me a job that way. my current company allows me to resign immediately, i just need to pay the penalty

thanks so much