Non Lucrative Visa - US Questions

I'm finishing getting all of my documents together to be translated for the Non-Lucrative visa and have 2 questions for anyone who may have gone through the process already.

1. Do I need to get the National Visa Application translated? It was provided in english and I'd imagine since it was provided by the consulate, that I don't.

2. How many months of bank statements are necessary for proof? I plan on using the statements from my brokerage account because that's where I keep most of my funds and was planning on only including the 'summary' page since it has account value and that information. Can I just include the most recent statement? I'll have to pay for each page to be translated, so the fewer the better.

Thanks for the help! Navigating all of the vaguities of the requirements has been difficult. Especially since I have to fly all the way to San Francisco for the appointment. I want to make sure everything is bulletproof.

I spoke with my translator about this so can answer my own questions.

1. No, the National Visa Application Form does not need translation.

2. My translator told me the last ~3 months of bank statements should suffice. As far as what she's seen in the past translating for the NL visa, only the summary page is needed that has the account balance/value.

1 As already answered application does not have to be translated.

2. I provided 3 months of bank statements to show my Social security deposits. For brokagage accounts I had to have a letter signed by the brokagage company along with a summary of fund's

We went to the LA consultant. Good luck.

Thanks expatrays! Where did the requirement of a letter signed by the brokagage company come?

I'm in the San Francisco consulate and have found very little information and have tried to call a few times, but never got through to anyone.

The consulate asked for it when I went to submit my application, it's not on the website. I do know that each consulate can be different.

I was able to print out a letter and statement from my brokagage website that was sufficient. It needs to have a signature on the letter. I use vanguard.

Thank you both for posting this information as I will be doing same very soon from Arizona.
Gina

you're going to get so much **** adviice here on this site 😛  this is the easiest visa to obtain . spain only wants to se that you have min 100k to live off of and have health ins ... on that note get the cheapest travel ins you can find ... when you get settled in buy private health ins for abt 60 € monthly from any number of companies , it covers everything including when your back to the home country ..  jjust translate the declarations pge on ins policy as to the funds, just translate the balance page on whatever acct/accts you use keep it brief ... they just want to confirm that you will not be sucking off the public tit .. dont forget your criminal background check and form or letter fm a doctor indicating that you have no contagious disease , dont forget your seals on all documents which is a bunch of *** but you have to have it ... on the 2 year renewal it'll be easier .. go to your city oficina de extrangeria and they'll set you up for what u need to provide ...you will easily find places that do document translations and for very little ...

delmar1960 wrote:

you're going to get so much **** adviice here on this site

spain only wants to se that you have min 100k to live off of and have health ins ...

This is ironic, because the 100K amount is utterly incorrect.

Applicants for the non-lucrative visa need to show a minimum income, which is 400% of the IPREM for the first family member and 100% of the IPREM for each additional family member.

Right now, that's 25,816 euros for the first person, and an additional 6,454 euros for each additional family member.

IF you cannot show that much regular income but instead have savings built up, supposedly the consulates and Madrid will approve someone showing they have at least that much saved in the bank- so if you come in with zero income but 26,000 euros, in theory they'll approve you.  (In practice, they're going to look at someone who's close to the minimums with a pretty tough eye.)

The reality is that you don't need anywhere near 100,00, though.