Residency

Hi just getting everything together for an application for residency in Tenerife south, does anyone have recent experience of this , do i need  a criminal records check from the UK to prove No criminal record

Thanks

I assume you are an EU citizen.  If so it is EU Citizen Registration you need not residencia which only applies to Non EU citizens of course post Brexit that may change

You question has been covered several times so if you search as below you should find what you need

NIE / EU Citizen Registration, download form for paying at any bank

Hello,
For residence don't need a criminal records.
You necessary a certificate from the tax inspectorate about payed TAXES and this certificate translated in the Spanish language in the embassy of Spain, bank account printout for the last year, Enpadromento certificate from ayuntamiento where you are living(this certificate can get if you provide the apartment rent contract for mini mum 6 month) and of course first of all NIE cod(foreigner registration code) , which you can get in Police nacional who is located in the Las Americas.
If you have all this documents, you need to put the 5 300 EUR in the account and get the certificate about that and taking all that documents together and go Police national for getting residencia(small green card).

Regards

Ivo

Much of what you post is not required for EU Citizen Registration

Basically one needs to prove :-

An income of 5,236.60 euros p.a. Or 8,732.22 euros for a couple or those amount in savings

Proof of full medical cover with no co-payment with an insurance policy or DWP cover with an S1

Produce a valid passport and a copy

The EX18 application form

And the proof of payment of the approx 11 euro fee

( For 20 years I have worked as a volunteer with the national police assisting applicant )

Thanks very much for your responses

Johncar can you clarify  will I need to go through residency process once post Brexit.

Also you quote the figures as income, other info suggests I need E8 to 10000 in the bank.
My pension is paid into a UK account and I then transfer whatever I need on a monthly basis into my bank account

Dacappa

Thanks very much for your responses

Johncar can you clarify  will I need to go through residency process once post Brexit.

Also you quote the figures as income, other info suggests I need E8 to 10000 in the bank.
My pension is paid into a UK account and I then transfer whatever I need on a monthly basis into my bank account

Dacappa

I have explained what you need. It is the same advice we give when people come to the police station.

A U.K. state  retirement  pension is sufficient income.    However it or easier if you arrange for DWP to make the payments to your Spanish bank account for a few months before you apply as that is proof you have the income.  Otherwise you will need official translations of your uk account

One can also prove they have sufficient savings but proving  the OAP is the simple way. 

What will happen post Brexit.  Who knows, answer no one knows !  “Until everything is agreed, nothing is agreed.”

But.   At present.  Non eu citizens who want to live in Spain need an income of 27,000  euros plus extra for dependants. That might apply post Brexit to U.K. citizens,  unless a special deal is agreed