Business Visa Letter received in Arabic?

Hi there,

I've received a Business Visa (Invitation Letter) from a company offering a position in Saudi although this is mainly in Arabic and I'm unable to read this.

Please can you advise if this is the norm as I've been asked to sign and return this but I can't read this?

Thanks in advance.

sky_fall wrote:

Hi there,

I've received a Business Visa (Invitation Letter) from a company offering a position in Saudi although this is mainly in Arabic and I'm unable to read this.

Please can you advise if this is the norm as I've been asked to sign and return this but I can't read this?

Thanks in advance.

Please do not sign it if you can't read it. Saudi Arabia is still not open when it comes to language. everything is done Arabic, you might get a few English here and there but everything is in Arabic. So since it's something that might entail some crucial details, you might not know what is good or bad in it, so i suggest you request an English version of the same contract from the HR of the company. Let them know you speak only English and for your signature to be on  contract you did have to understand what is written on it.

What most HR's normally do here is send the written Arabic version of of the visa to certified translators to translate it to English before sending. However you (yourself) can also look for a translation center in your country and ask it to be translated for you.

In all make sure to understand what is really written before proceeding. For all you know, your name might be spelt wrong on the visa invitation.

Thanks Flex. That was exactly my thoughts!

I've been in this position before and when the company couldn't provide a copy in English, I decided this was not for me.

But, same scenario here again.

I will do as you suggest, thanks dude!

Just to update anyone else who may be interested or in a similar position. I contacted the local embassy seeking  advice with the form who advised me of the following,

The below information,  from the company is correct, it's a governmental visa form & addressed to Saudi embassy in London, they can't translate that visa document in to English as it's a visa approval from the Saudi government and like the company advised (you should submit this form with your passport to Saudi embassy in London to get you visa) stamped on your passport.

If you would like to translate the visa form you can take it to any local translated firm and have translated to get better understanding about all the mentioned information.

British nationals are advised to ensure that they are happy with the terms of their contract before signing, and to seek legal advice before accepting a new contract if you are unsure, we are unable to provide legal advice as we are not permitted by the Saudi government to interfere.

Alternatively check our Saudi Arabia travel advice travel advice for Saudi Arabia for further information & useful information related to labour legal rights in the Saudi Arabia,  for further information please visit  the following link:

http://www.laboreducation.gov.sa/en/

Hope that helps.

dont worry i will translate for you just send me a copy of visa