To facilitate my Permanent residency

Hi Guys,

My name is Louis.
I am not living in VN as yet, although the aim is to get there within the next 12 months.
I would really appreciate some help getting letters etc in order to facilitate my Permanent residency.
To give you some background on my experience here goes:
1. I am technically qualified and can build and repair motorcycles and motor vehicles.
2. I am pc literate and can install and maintain computer systems and intranets.
3. I can do plumbing, electrical work and some degree of building.
4. due to my technical nature I am able to do all sorts of other things - such as pump repairs, pool repairs, entertainment installations etc.
5. I have my skippers licence for >9m up to 15Nm offshore and have drivers licences for motorcars, trucks and big cc motorcycles,
6. I am also planning to do my scuba certifications once I arrive there,

I am also considering starting my own company there, perhaps a nightclub or hotel.
My starting point in  VN will be Hoi-An, unless there are better opportunities elsewhere.

If you can help me get the necessary paperwork in order before I arrive so I can apply for my permanent residency or work permit before I get there I will owe you big time and will pay my dues in the form of services rendered any time.

Please help me to move there.
I am coming no matter what.

Thanks

Louis:  Several of your skills are nice to have but they also describe millions of people in Vietnam who work for very little money, particularly numbers 1,3, & 4.  There is a motorbike repair place on what seems like every other block while construction workers and electrical repairmen work for next to nothing.

In Vietnam, a work permit is not held by the employee but by the employer.  It is in effect a permit for the employer to employ you.  Hence you cannot obtain one before the fact.   There are several threads on work permits on this forum.

Permanent residency is nearly impossible in Vietnam but a Temporary Residency Card may be obtained if you are either married to a citizen or employed with a Work Permit.  You could start up your own nightclub or hotel in Vietnam.  However, there are complicated but not impossible bureaucratic obstacles.  A local partner could help but that has its own risks as you might imagine.  Good luck.

Hello everyone, welcome to EXpat.Com Louis,

Please note that i have created a new thread from your posts on the Vietnam forum.

All the best,
Bhavna