Relocating to Rotterdam

Hello,
I'm looking for suggestions on where to live in Rotterdam.  Looking for more of an outdoor active and healthy near parks and markets situation and less of a bar and club life situation.  I'm British but have lived in the US for the last twenty years.  Also looking for suggestion for meeting other expats. 

Thanks,
Scott

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Rotterdam is a city, on top of that it's a major port and huge chemical refinery, so outdoor and healthy are not really words I would necessarily associate with those things; that said, there are a few parks and water areas to the north-east of the city.

Most people I know that look for the attributes you mention when looking for somewhere to live cast their net much wider.  Gouda to the north-east is a nice place; to the south, is Breda and the surrounding villages; all nice places and easily commutable by train if your work is in the City; Utrecht to the east is also a nice place.  Holland really isn't that big. :)

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

It's cheaper to live just outside Rotterdam. Places like Capelle aan den Ijssel, Krimpen aan den Ijssel, Ouderkerk aan den Ijssel or Barendrecht.

In Rotterdam you can try Kralingen (has a forest and a lake), Hillegersberg has also lots of green or near Prins Alexander. Nesselande is also surrounded by nature and a near a lake.

There is nothing wrong about Rotterdam.