Temporary Employment Pass for my maid

Hi,

My company is currently in the progress of applying my employment pass and I'd like to apply employment pass for my Indonesian maid as well. She is now in Indonesia and waiting for my own employment pass be issued. I've got a checklist for applying Visit Pass (Temporary Employment) for Foreign Housemaid of Expatriate from Immigration Unit of Expats Service Centre, one of the requirements is my maid needs to pass the medical check-up from registered clinic with FOMEMA. Not sure how does my maid get it done as she isn't in Malaysia but in Indonesia, as I know the FOMEMA registered clinics are in Malaysia.

Can she enter Malaysia as visitor first before I submit the application for her pass? After she has done the medical check-up in Malaysia, only then we submit the application, and convert her visitor pass to temporary employment pass?

Many thanks.

There are FOMEMA clinics overseas which are accredited. She should visit one of them. She needs a single entry visa with reference (VDR) based on passing the screening in Indonesia, I believe. Query this against your checklist.

There is a list of the clinics online
http://www.imi.gov.my/images/pdf/Senara … ei2015.pdf

After initial clearance she then has the xray and bloodtests here in Malaysia after arrival before the visa is stamped.

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Can my maid enter Malaysia first before she gets Employment Pass as a visitor? And then convert the visitor pass to Employment Pass?

Many thanks.

I don't think that is possible any longer. Does your checklist say she needs a VDR to enter for work purposes? The VDR is approved at the same time as her Visa.