Housemaids

How to find a local housemaid looking for a job?

Place a free advert in the jobs section top of this page.

place an ad here and on other social madia groups

You should pay €5-6 per hour (Thais and Philipinos) if highly experienced and goes through your apartments like lightning and its spotless €10.00 (Cypriot) per hour. Make sure all valuables are not in sight and if you have a built-in safe, lock the cupboard door where it is built-in. The majority of theft i are inside jobs.

May I ask which area ? I will be looking for this type of work , are there many people seeking to hire (housework) maids ? I don't know if it makes any difference in Cyprus but I shall bring an up to date dbs check from the UK , thanks

I mean the main towns.
Household maids are the domain of Thais and Philipinos. You will get the odd Cypriot who is normally higher paid. You may not be accepted for a work permit if there are people already available. Cyprus looks for the skills they cannot provide themselves. Working illegally now is frowned upon, some time ago you could get away with it. My opinion is to go to a shop assistant but you probably don't know Greek. Alternatively, a barmaid who is paid a pittance. Principally you gotta prove you can support yourself and not be a burden. Household cleaning doesn't hack it. They have a Hospitality College in Limassol which allows you to work in Hotels etc. But you need the certificate.

Getting the yellow slip isn't a problem , if I worked as a waitress it's still cash work , so my question was , to prove your income , or how much you earn , do you take your cash and put it in the bank before spending , I'm not looking to do things breaking the law , hense my questions , thanks

@Daniellewarren91 As an EU citizen. (At the moment anyway), you don't have any worries.

You can survive in Cyprus on a waitress's cash and tips? How do you know a yellow slip isn't a problem? Educate me?
Will you have an Employers Work Contract?
Remember on 31st October Britain will not be in E.U. as Cyprus is. The more you can show on a Bank Statement the better. I bought in 1988 so unclear of today's regulations.
You either come lucky or you get refused so as not to become a liability.  Can depend on what town you are in. There are so many strange people wandering about I wonder how they survive.

You are clearly missing the point of my question , I'll leave it here

Dannielle there are hundreds of people doing cleaning here and most are legally employed paying tax and social contributions - some are self employed some work for property management outfits...  pay ranges from €7-€10 per hr

standard flat clean €45
standard villa clean €50-60
deep cleans can be €75-€100

nobody as yet knows what the implications of what may or may not happen with the B word... in the meantime plan for what you know to be the case for your arrival.. ie you currently dont need a work permit.  you do need yellow slip to secure your right to stay beyond 90 days and if the B word happens too (Cyprus has at this stage said so no matter what happens as long as your are legally registered here)..

Thanks toon , am I right in saying you need to prove your income to get yellow slip , my original question was , if my job is cash paid how do I prove I'm earning and how much , do I bank my wages every week? So it appears on my bank slips ? Sorry I know I am being a pain , I just want to get it right 😌

hey no worries thats what these forums are for.....I suppose you could do that ....usually being paid cash is construed as potentially being "black labour" of course it may well be pukka so if it is maybe you can ask for a payslip or evidence of payments and deductions made for SC  made for your work ... it would be a pain to have to pay it into the bank every week and then to draw it out again.... I would take any bank statements you have british or cypriot ones as evidence of your "worth" and income including savings - just remember you currently only have to supply what they ask for and be able to prove you and yours can support yourselves by whatever means at your disposal

I told you yesterday show as much on your original bank statement and if they deem its enough to survive you will be OK. Can you girls not use google?
Here is the law: (must be originals not protocopies)

Required documents
Application forms MEU1 & MEU2 duly completed
Copy of valid passport
Marriage Certificate duly certified and translated *(If applicable)
Children Birth Certificates duly certified and translated *(If applicable)
Rental agreement or sale agreement of a house/apartment.
The rental agreement needs to be for the one-year minimum (rental agreement and a copy of it certified by Muhtar or certifying officer & stamped at tax office)
Bank statements of a bank account in Cyprus or bank statements from abroad (if applicable)

If they are working in Cyprus:
a. Confirmation letter from employer
b. Social Insurance Registration and annual income certificate
c. Employer to sign the application form
Health insurance (not needed if working in Cyprus)
It can be international health insurance if the applicant already has one or it can be made in Cyprus. The average cost is €200 for each person it can be made in 1 day.

Two small passport photos
The documents with (*) require to be translated in English and be «APOSTILLE» OR be certified by the Ministry of foreign affairs of the country that will issue them and also by the Cyprus Embassy of that Country.[/b][/u][/u][/b][/b]

NB the Immigration dept in Paphos currently dont seem to be overly strict on the income levels as its not a pre-condition of those who are seeking work here but id say   that of course may change.

My best advice is to do as you say get work as soon as possible do as you say pay it into the bank to build up a history of regular income going in to your local account.. if you are lucky enough to have savings as back up bring those statements too (preferably less than three months old)...

I see, so I could go with my partner with his bank statement s for which he gets from the armed forces which is paid into his bank account monthly, even if it's into an English account , plus his wages from Cyprus , and any evidence I have from paid work or savings , it may be paid into my bank but I'm not sure yet as my partner has a job to go to in Cyprus but I don't yet as I will need to sort the boys out with schools ECT first , thanks for all your help , I'm excited , just need to sort out the shipping side now , house stuff , dog and cat , sighhhh

as long as he earns enough to keep you all it will be fine.... anything extra is a bonus - take his job offer/contract  along with you

good luck lass PM me if you feel happier

try Peter Morton removals or RSS Logistics here in paphos - they are both very reliable and good at their job. They will assist in shipping / bringing cars cats dogs just about anything...
they both have facebook pages get quotes from both