Best value to travel from Stansted to London centre

Hi everyone,

I will go for a trip in London soon and I was curious what is the best way budget wise to travel from Stansted airport to London centre? I would be interested in something that covers the trip to the city centre and also maybe take the tube around attractions of the city. Could Oyster card be an option?
Any infos are much appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Stansted is actually about 35 miles north of London.  There is lots of information about transport options on the internet (Google is your friend); you can do this for yourself quite easily.

Hi Cynic,

I already have done my research on Google. But I would like to have an answer from somebody who is living there and can provide something more insightful than general information over the internet.

Alexa91M wrote:

Hi Cynic,

I already have done my research on Google. But I would like to have an answer from somebody who is living there and can provide something more insightful than general information over the internet.

Then I wish you a very pleasant journey :)

The oyster card doesn't cover the airport transfer cost.
The cheapest transfer is Easybus (operated by National Express but cheaper for some reason).
Once you're in central London, depending on how many days you stay, top up your oyster card for zones 1-2 or get stuck in traffic using buses for half the price :)

Thank you Marty for your reply 😊

Hi Alexa
it is worthy to buy ticket of easy bus earlier to get cheaper deal. it's main station in London is victoria Bus station then you can take underground from victoria station which is short walk from Bus station to anywhere you want to go.
The best way to get around central london is to buy one day travel card about £12 of 1-4 zones which you can travel in London as much as you like.
I hope that may help

http://www.easybus.com/en/london-stansted