Seeking help with Saudi visa to enter Saudi

Hello, my name is Douglas and I am from the USA.  I live in Bahrain and have a resident visa for Bahrain, and a Bahrain driver license.
I have a Saudi five-year multi-entry Business Visa, that says AIR for means of entry.
I had used this visa for 16 months to enter and leave Saudi.  A month ago the Saudi did not honor the visa and I had to fly to Dammam.  I am now stuck in Saudi trying to get a new visa that says OPEN that would allow car travel from Bahrain to Saudi.
My problem is my company I work for has a contract with a company in Saudi.  That company refuses to provide me with an introduction for a Business Visa.
I am looking for a Saudi company to provide an introduction letter so I can apply for a business visa at the Saudi Embassy in Bahrain.  I am an engineer so I guess the company would have to be a professional engineer company.
I am told that Saudi has a Business man Visa that does not require an introduction from a Saudi Company but a letter from my company with all the required information, this I can provide.  I need to find someone that can process the Business Man Visa in Bahrain for me.
If anyone can help, thanks
Douglas

The business man visa is generally only given for those people who have the profession "investor" or "businessman" on their Bahrain residency.  Or in other words, company owners/directors as listed in the CR of the company.  The purpose of this visa is for these individuals to be able to visit Saudi to sign business deals.  It does not apply to you.  For employees of companies, you get commercial entry visa.

The 5 year multiple visit visas are for US nationals only but if you apply for those from the US, they are always given via "AIR".  The only way to get these as "OPEN" is to apply from Bahrain WITH an invitation letter.  That you already know.  These used to work until very recently i.e. a month ago - you know that as well.

Unfortunately, you WILL need an invitation letter.

And by the way, whatever is on the VFS Tahseel site, may not be representative. I am applying for a new businessman visa next week and I was told that I HAVE to give an invitation letter (standard online MOFA one) PLUS an additional invitation letter from the Saudi company with a few lines on why I want to get this visa.  So EVEN for a businessman visa, they are asking for an invitation letter nowadays. This is due to new Saudi consul staff coming into place after Eid - they are also rejecting most 2 year businessman visa (only commercial entry 2 year is being approved if your company in Bahrain has Saudi offices as well).

Thank you for your quick reply to my post. I have VFS Tahseed's website and know what is required.  If an invitation letter is now required for a Business man visa, and I am not an investor, then I am limited.  The company in Saudi Arabia that has hired my company a USA Company to provide three consultants does not believe they are responsible to provide the invite letter.  My company from the USA will not open an office to support three consultants.  I am stuck in Saudi until 8 Oct when I will fly back to Bahrain to visit my family and to meet in persons with VFS Tahseed and to go to the Saudi Consulate in Bahrain.
Thank you again for your reply
Douglas