HELP - Elvis needs a livery place / horse stable in Hanoi

Hello,

I know, it is a tricky challenge in a country with young or not much Equestrian (Sports) Culture, but I try - maybe also with your help:

I moved in August to Hanoi, after living 14 years in Dubai.
Back in Dubai I left till now: Elvis. My horse, an Argentinian Polo Breed. I own him since 7 years, means this horse is part of the family.

The transportation itself from Dubai to Hanoi I could clarify so far (more or less):
Airfreight from Dubai to Hong Kong, then by ship from Hong Kong to HaiPhong, from there either with a trailer or simply ridden over 2-3 days to Hanoi. So far so good.

But WHERE to find a horse stable, horse farm or something in that direction in Hanoi - or a bit peripheral (with higher chances for a good riding areal)???

Has anyone heard, seen, read something in that direction?
Would be a great help!

Thanks in advance

Martin

Before you even go looking for a stable, have you even looked into the rules including veterinary certifications, required before importing the animal.  Being "part of the family" does not exempt him from the rules.   As a former livestock farmer, I am always amused by those who anthropomorphize animals.  Farmers love their animals, but they don't consider them family members.

As far as riding your horse in from Hong Kong, I can imagine the riotous scene with the border guards waving their arms in a panic when you show up at the VN/CH border.  Be sure to have a friend with a camera, hidden of course, and post on YouTube.

Hi THIGV,

The Vet Certs are quite similar worldwide in case of horses - and already the same "spooky" to get him even out of UAE (vet assessment, vaccinations, quarantaine etc.). This all is handled by a specialized company.

A former livestock farmer may not understand anthropomorphization in such cases, his good right :-)

It is not my intention to make a riding trail of 2-3 days from Hong Kong to Hanoi . . . I spoke about sea transport from Hong Kong to HaiPhong (Vietnam) and to do then either land transport or trail from there to Hanoi. As far as I am aware, there is neither a VN/CN or any provincial border between HaiPhong and Hanoi.

But thanks for your concerns.

Martin

I misunderstood you when you wrote "or simply ridden over 2-3 days to Hanoi" as if that was the alternative to the ocean route.  I probably should have figured that horseback from Hong Kong to the Vietnamese border would probably be a good sight more than 3 days.   :cheers:

Yeah, I would assume 2-3 weeks. Biggest obstacle would be to come around / through Guangzhou :-)
But frankly, this pictures from wild waving border police officers - I don't get out of my head. Maybe I switch to the land route HKG - HN :-) :-) :-)