Hello Forum - German moved after 14 years Dubai to Hanoi

Hi @all,

Martin here.
I lived the last 14 years in Dubai, moved there from Berlin (Germany).
In August 2018 I moved to Hanoi, West Lake Area. Found there together with my wife Luong "THE" perfect house in one of Thụy Khuê's wonderful and stunning alleys.

Okay, business wise actually still a heavy commuter between Hanoi and Dubai, but settlement is going on.

Looking here around for some international contacts - networking, socializing.

Eager to see and learn what is going on here so far.

My best regards to all of you.
Feel free for questions, adding :-)

Martin

Hey Martin,

I am also moving next month to Vietnam, I was also living in Dubai from last 11 years as an entrepreneur, I have visited Vietnam last year and found it a developing market and found more potential to grow if to introduce the exposure from this land. Now I am planning to do a start up in Vietnam... guess you and I are on the same page if not mistaken....

Well, what is your area of expertise and what you visualize in Vietnam.

Hey Ali,

cool "incident" :-)
Where do you move to in VietNam?

Same page . . . well, nearly:
Having my running business with offices in UAE, Europe, Hong Kong and China Mainland, I will establish here in HaNoi a small branch or something similar, of course.
But honestly, VN tax regime is not that attractive to SHIFT business from other regions to here, unfortunately. I would love it to open an entire office floor in LOTTE or Indochina Tower . . . but that seems not to be lucrative. Especially when you are used to live in a "harsh" tax regime like UAE :-)

Areas of expertise:
Int'l Law & Tax Advisory, Holding Management,
Corporate Finance, Wealth Advisory and Venture Capital

CU
Martin

Martin,

Well I am planning to open a business in HCMC, The scope will be organizing EXPO's, as far my expertise association in Dubai; I am official contractor and organizer for exhibitions in DWTC and organized more than 700 big scale exhibitions in last 10 years and served my clients....

My plan is to open the same business in HCMC and target SECC (Saigon Exhibitions and Convention Centre) and  to launch the new concepts of exhibitions which we us to do here, more interactive and innovative concepts.... well still all plans are on the paper and from next month will come there and will start nailing the process....

I agree with you over the tax system, but actually in Dubai you know its a credit economy and we role ourself with credit terms (with 40% of default rates) better to pay taxes in the real cash economy than to get struct in vicious credit cycle leading towards bankruptcy.... You are a finance guy I believe you know better than me....