EG visa extension for first time traveler to Cambodia

I'm interested in moving to Siem Reap, Cambodia for a few months. I've been in Thailand for 5 years and looking for a change. Possibly to find work in Cambodia and/or work on my online business. I've read a few contradictory articles online regarding visa extensions. I know I would need to get an Ordinary visa, not tourist. I've read that if it is my first time in Cambodia I can extend this for 6 months (EG visa) without a work permit or letter of employment and thereafter extend only if I have these. Is this true? I'm not sure I will stay long term (longer than 6 months), depends if I find suitable work, but I have no desire to do visa runs out of the country every 2 months. A 3 or 6 month extension in one go would be ideal. Does anyone have experience of doing this recently? I've read that they are clamping down on visas lately and changed some requirements. Thanks for any help or advice.

You are absolutely right!

You come in on an Ordinary visa and a few weeks later you go to a reliable agent to extend with an EG for 6 months, multiple entry. No documentation needed.

So you have in total 7 months to stay, then you have to leave the country but can come back.

You could travel out and in the country, all possible.

Have a nice stay.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thank you so much for your reply, that is good to hear :)