Renew long term social visit visa for parents?

I am planning to move to Malaysia and I want to take my parents with me.
I found that only visa for parents is long term social visit visa for 1 year. Correct me if I am wrong.

My concern is whether it will be possible to renew their visa every year so that they can stay  for 3 or 4 years? Please guide through the renewal process

If there is any other visa type for them, please mention. Thank you.

If approved it can be renewed in conjunction with the sponsor visa - which would be your husband's employment pass.

Thanks for you reply. Its really helpful to hear that LTSVP can be renewed.

In my case, both my husband and I will get work permit or employment pass as both of us are working in same company. I believe employment pass is for 2 years. Just to clarify, after 1 year, my parents visa can be renewed though my visa will not go for renewal right?

You have mentioned as 'if approved', who should be approving my parents LTSVP renewal? Is it my employer? If at all my employer don't provide, can I apply for the renewal my self?

It sounds like it would be better for their pass to be under your husbands EP if you intend or can't continue to work. You at that point would have to apply for a Dependent Pass

Otherwise if it was on your EP it would need switching to his anyway if they were wanting to continue to reside in Malaysia.

The employer has to provide a no objection letter during processing of the application. There are no personal applications so either employer or an agent need to carry out the application.

You don't say the category of your EP but only Cat II and I can apply for parent's passes.

The length of the SVP(LT) is connected to the EP length and would never be longer than an EP

Thank you Gravitas for your answer. It really made my day to know that I can take my parents as long as I stay in Malaysia. Thanks again.

Just bear in mind that it is costly to apply for visas, especially through Agents, so as little switching as possible is advisable.

For subsequent renewal, if the employer is willing to provide the no objection letter to the EP holder, I believe that it may be possible to process the renewal in person at immigration. However, many companies simply insist on the use of an Agent to ensure there are no issues and they are not fined for inappropriate handling of visas under their company name.

The immigration system has become consistently more automated and online and this has taken away some of the manual application possibilities.