Landlords refusing form H

Has anyone had experience with landlords refusing form h to get the residential rate for electric which is much cheaper? They claim if I leave without telling them (as if they wouldnt know??) and electric is turned off they have to pay 600€ to turn on...

StaceyMadeleine wrote:

Has anyone had experience with landlords refusing form h to get the residential rate for electric which is much cheaper? They claim if I leave without telling them (as if they wouldnt know??) and electric is turned off they have to pay 600€ to turn on...

Even if the landlords fills in form H, the bill still goes to them as the account holders and so as long as they pay the bill the electricity would not be turned off. Also if you left without telling them they would still have your deposit!
You can remind them that, by law, you can proceed with form H without the their permission anyway, so they might as well just sign it!

Ray

Thank you very much!

F0xgl0ve wrote:

You can remind them that, by law, you can proceed with form H without the their permission anyway,

you sure about this? when i was submitting form H arms didn't want to accept it until landlord signed it

it was over year ago, so maybe something changed

Duxx wrote:
F0xgl0ve wrote:

You can remind them that, by law, you can proceed with form H without the their permission anyway,

you sure about this? when i was submitting form H arms didn't want to accept it until landlord signed it

it was over year ago, so maybe something changed

Yes it changed quite a while ago.

yes you can do it yourself - with a huge deposit and while then probably pissing your landlord off who will retaliate in other ways like not fixing anything

I thought the huge deposit was if the service was  put in tenants name, there is  no deposit for registering number of residents as the bill is still sent to landlord.

RayAucote wrote:

I thought the huge deposit was if the service was  put in tenants name, there is  no deposit for registering number of residents as the bill is still sent to landlord.

Interesting. Not rented since that rule came in so I could indeed have it wrong!

Our landlady came round after the first bill with Form H and got copies of our ID's, sorted, no charge, job done. Probably the easiest formality we've undertaken.