Jobs for an English speaker in istanbul

Hello everyone
I am fariba. I came from Iran and I am looking for a job in Istanbul. I have master' s degree of TEFL and tried to find a job as an English teacher. But it seems that my degree is eligable for local use and I 'm not sure if I can make a use of that here. I am searching for any job that is offered to an English speaker. Can you guys help me with that?
Thanks in advance.

I think your degree is enough. You can apply as English teacher at schools (but considering the school starts on Sept you are a little bit late, but who knows some schools need a replacement because some expats may cancel their job) or apply to language school or apply for English tutor position to individual or family or company.
You must join few websites or social media groups in this case...to get more connection with people who could lead you the way.
Good luck ;)

Thank you very much. Also is there any community or groups you could introduce me to join?

Dear Farbia,

You can be teacher in any school in  Istanbul but really good schools or actually first level schools are recruiting native speakers (US, Canada. Australia or at least Commonwealth Countries )  I know this from my friends...

And also to live legal in Turkey for long term you definitely will need to have a work permit.
Work permit could be obtained if your employer is eligible to do that and actually is eager for doing  it but it always brings extra costs to the employer.

You can find work somewhere in lower quality English courses or elementary schools but there is also danger to not take your salary on time ... ( in some cases people are not taking their salaries for few  months )

So just consider those points just in case before you decide to move forward.
If you continue and insist to stay illegal in the country you will be immediately deported if you being caught  to any police control or if you overstay of the allowed period for your country visa.

If even are not , they do penalty and put black stamp which means you can not enter to the country for a long period.

Thanks
Kem

Hello
Thanks for your detailed reply. I am aware of these rules but i have come to this result that the only way to find a job for the corcumstances i have is to learn turkish fast. I hope one of the places i send my cv reply soon. :(

Learning Turkish fast is not solution as well....unemployment rate in Turkey is very high and after recent currency increase the Turkish Economy is not so stable unfortunately....

While native Turkish people are payed with $ 250 / month net basic salary  what do you expect to find ? :):D
If you are not speaking very good Turkish on really native level you will not be treated fair way especially if you are coming somewhere from  East , North , Middle East or Africa.

Do not get me wrong but this is like that everywhere in the world.
Unfortunately.

Dear Fariba, I advise you to send your cv to language course institutions like wall street institute, Alta (5 günde ingilizce), tömer, just english, american kultur, EF, tömer...

you can find them on google if your write " istanbuldaki ingilizce kursları" and go directly and give them your cv.

İt's not easy of course but if you don't try you will never know ...

Hi, i'm gonna travel to Turkey next Month and i want to find a job near to istanbul/Bursa so can u guys help me?

good luke

if your english language is good you can apply for job in privte language centers.