One Way Ticket to Thailand??

Hopefully I will be coming over to Thailand mid November.
I am applying for my one year retirement VISA (Multi Entry) whilst in Australia.
Once successful, will I be able to purchase a One Way Ticket to come over, or is a return ticket required?

If this is not possible, could I purchase a one way ticket, plus a departure to another country, i.e. Vietnam. Then re-enter Thailand on my multi entry VISA?

Thanks to all in advance.
I hope to meet up with some of you for a chin wag.
Cheers
Ian (Ezy)

You should be fine with a one-way ticket since you have retirement visa. If airline check-in questions you, just show them your retirement visa stamp. Good luck, welcome and enjoy the "Land of Smiles".

When you arrive in Thailand or on the flight over, you will need to fill out an arrival/departure card for immigration (they give it to you on plane) and it will have a box for a return flight number, so you will need to fill in that box even though you may not have a return flight.

Hi Zeus,
Thanks for the reply. I am pleased you share my optimism 😀
Thanks for the info. Are you saying that yes, I definitely can arrive with a one way ticket?
Cheers
Ezy

ianezy wrote:

Hi Zeus,
Thanks for the reply. I am pleased you share my optimism 😀
Thanks for the info. Are you saying that yes, I definitely can arrive with a one way ticket?
Cheers
Ezy

Yes, you can arrive with a one-way ticket, especially if you have retirement visa stamp, but you will still need to fill in that box on the arrival/departure card with a flight number. So, just look up a return flight with the airline you're using and use that number, example; AirAsia 815
Good luck...