What is the best way to transfer money from HKD to VND

Hi there,

I have recently bought an apartment in HCMC and now having lots of headaches trying to transfer money from my account in Hong Kong to an account in Vietnam (opened an account recently).  What is the best and least expensive to transfer about 3 Billion Dongs from Hong Kong? Apparently, I cannot transfer from HKD to VND from the bank, it has to transfer from HKD to HKD and then the correspondence bank will convert the money in VND in my account in Vietnam. The correspondence bank in Vietnam giving me a very bad rate and with all the transfer fees, it is costing me a lot.

Thanks in advance!

Kiwiming

Western Union, Money Gram, Paypal. Have you explored these services? You're from Hong Kong and I'm not sure if they even offer these services there. No matter what you choose you're going to pay fees up the ying yang.

QuidProQuo wrote:

Western Union, Money Gram, Paypal. Have you explored these services? You're from Hong Kong and I'm not sure if they even offer these services there. No matter what you choose you're going to pay fees up the ying yang.

Thank you.
Kiwiming

Bitcoin

brunnat wrote:

Bitcoin

Thank you.
Kiwiming

Transfered from HSB US to wifes Vietcom account...maybe 30 USD..was in her account in less than 24 hrs...all dome online

Thank you. I will go to Vietcom and maybe setup an account.

Regards
Kiwiming

Good luck. Suggest you take someone who can speak local. Good luck

At most banks, sat least some staff, speak a reasonable English. I did not have any language problems over the years

Well, I've learned a few things in the School of Hard Knocks. Go open USD accounts. Send USD. Wiring in is usually not the problem. But for forex (foreign exchange rates), watch out! Hence the suggestion to send USD and open a USD account in Vietnam.

For reference: www.xe.com type in amounts and VND or USD or HKD etc. Obviously, you should  n o t  send VND from abroad.

Thank you KruChris.

Have opened an USD account today. Let see if the exchange rate is good or not in the next few days.

Regards
Kiwiming