Current arrival rules

Well been away from Sosua for some  months now.
Do I miss the place? yeah some things I do, others not.
Definitely don't miss the noise,  electricity cuts,  (although things had got better before I left),  I was going to say the Heat,  but  that didn't quite work out the way  planned.
Well ended up in Germany for now, for some medical treatment... And there were times it was actually hotter here than DR,  which was hard to believe expected some cooler weather.
But Germany has had a crazy heatwave this year.
Come to think of it since I arrived earlier this year there hasn't been a single drop of rain  in the eastern part where I am  and  stinking hot.
Farmers are struggling with no rain, ponds and creeks drying up.
Well  apart from heat really it was a complete change of lifestyle.
From the easy going ways in DR  with the "manana" attitude,  to mega German efficiency.
Well everything is done by the rules and controlled in Germany.. God forbid you're 2 min late for an appointment,  they will think you're mentally disturbed 😀

And make too much noise forget it  the "Polizei"  will be at your door  in a flash.

Things are done 100% by the rules... yep  the Germans sure like their rules, so really it's the complete opposite to DR.
But its  got it's good points everything works flawlessly , services ,goods etc are top-quality although somewhat expensive.
And transport system Wow... Best I've ever seen anywhere in the world.

Oops getting off of the point a bit now,  what I was wondering having been away,  before I left DR there was talk  and rumours about clamping down on immigration.
Sadly seems this time it's true.
From what I understand  the tourist card has been discontinued  and now you'll get 30 days which can be extended to 60 but thats it...and you must have return ticket.

Mmmh  looks like the good old days  of years of  overstay are done then?

the last time I was there for nearly 4 years... Oh well guess it couldn't last forever.
So  suppose the overstay fines system  is finished too then?

Be grateful if someone  could clue me up what the latest situation is.
Was thinking about coming back in December but  shall wait to hear what  current situation is.

In reality little has changed. That 30 day visa IS the tourist visa, just not a card anymore and its almost always included in your plane ticket. 

You always were supposed to have proof of return or leaving the island.

Most come and overstay the visa.  They pay the  exit fine when they leave.  At this point, nothing more seems to have changed in practical application.

Ahh, so appears things still ok then
Well would be silly for them to kill the Gringo cash cow😀
Just one more concern, I recall some rumours before that long overstayers ( which I guess I would be classed at with previous 4 year stay)
have been refused entry and had to go straight back home?

That apparently  has happened. I only heard about it happening from one specific country.

Not heard anything recent!

which specific country was that?

France