KSU, ICEAT?

Hello, I was recently offered an ESL job through ICEAT at KSU. I have read a lot of mixed reviews and was wondering if anyone has had personal experiences with the school and the agency. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

ksu is pretty good, dont worry about it.

I was offered a position there just recently as well. The online reviews for ICEAT are quite alarming and I have found they are not willing to give a lot of information.  When I asked to speak to another teacher, I was given the runaround.  First I was told other teachers don't want to talk to new teachers because it's not their job.  Then I was told that the company doesn't have contact with them after they arrive.  I was given the contact of a project coordinator and told the company she can't answer any of my questions and they told me to ask if she has a teacher to speak to.  She's finally sent me the contact of a teacher, but I'm still awaiting a reply. 

By the way, I wouldn't listen to the other commentor.  Even though we would be working at KSU, they have very little to do with us.  They don't take care of paying us or transportation or accommodation.  So if you feel worried, then do worry and pursue it.  Just because KSU is good doesn't mean the employer ICEAT is good.

I eventually declined the offer. So frustrating! They advertised "30 days paid vacation" yet this is all after the term is over. I have a 3 year old son and because I'm not married to his mother I wouldn't have had any chance to really see him over the course of the 8 months. Very sketchy. I was initially excited but that quickly changed

I agree with you. I think it's very sketchy. I finally got a reply from another teacher and they were also evasive. They answered all of my questions with a ‘yes' or ‘no' and didn't really give any information or elaborate. They said they were from the UK but I got the vibe they weren't. I also asked my British friend if she thought they were and she said she didn't get that feeling. It's all so very strange. Why be so evasive? What are they hiding?

I also was excited initially because I don't like my current job here and thought this would be better but I don't want to end up in a worse situation. It's become like the devil you know and the devil you don't. I think I'll have to keep looking. There are better companies out there and to be honest, the pay vs work and hours here really isn't that good anymore. If I get messed around anymore I will just go back to China where I can make more there and live an easier life.

Well now you have point. I didn't know you went through all that. So what's your final decision?

Yea it's a disappointment. I've always wanted to work in KSA, but not under these circumstances. Oh well. I accepted a job in Vietnam. Not the best pay, but I need to make a move.

Maybe you can keep looking from Vietnam. I am also going to keep looking whilst here. It would be awesome if a western teacher that actually currently works for ICEAT would come in and tell us how it is. By the way, there are some unis that allow you to take days off as you accrue them. They're not in Riyadh though...