Tourist Visa while waiting for Spouse Visa

Hey all!

I was just wondering, would it be possible to apply for a tourist visa whilst waiting for a decision on my spouse/family immigration visa?

I applied for my Spouse visa last July 18, got my first email update from the UDI on July 21. Me and my wife are both Filipinos, she has permanent residency in Norway, I'm working in the UK, and so I applied from London.

I'm just worried because my working visa here in the UK is set to expire in November, and I was hoping to get to Norway before that, I would have applied a lot earlier, to coincide with the 6 month waiting period advertised on the UDI's website, but certain delays with regards to my documents from the Philippines happened.

There may be a potential problem as your visa application is being processed and then you apply for another visa type. this may ring alarm bells with immigration.
I would contact them, explain your situation and ask for advice.

I would also check your UK work visa as there may be a grace period after it expires. You may not have to leave immediately after it expires.

Alright! Thank you very much! :)

Just checked, apparently there is no grace period for when after my UK visa expires.

I was reading up on the UDI website and came across this D-Visa, has anyone ever heard of this?

D Visa is the entry visa issued to you upon approval of your long-term stay application. Usually it's valid for 6 months, if I'm not mistaken.

It is possible however once your tourist visa expires and there isnt a decision yet on your family immigration application ,you will need to return to your home country.

Moderated by Alexia 5 years ago
Reason : No free advertising. Please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct