Looking at Morocco for retirement living and marriage

Greetings all and thank you for reading my post and if you respond with comment. My first one here.
About me: USA, Female- Age 58, divorced, Bilingul (Spanish) open minded, love meeting people, exploring life and the world. Never too old to learn new things is my motto.
Thanks to tech. met many people online worldwide and learned a vast amount from fantastic people. Had one bad experience but luck of the draw, right?
One person I have met who I look forward to meeting in person soon, is a single male in Morocco who is a fabulous person that I have much love and respect for. Here it comes...yep, you guessed it, he is MUCH  younger than I.
Of course red flags initially popped up when the romance came and yes seen 90-days fiancé drama...I have also been married in the past for over 12 years with another non-national so cross culture is no issue (he was 15 years older than me)
My work life introduces me to various nationalities, languages, cultures, etc.

I have seen a few posts about age difference that seem applicable for my situation and admittedly some concern; however, I have seen these relationships fo both ways. My mother was married over 30 years to a man my age, 19 year difference. They were great together.
My fear is similiar as one response to another post - what will said young man do when you become 80?!
If my young fascinating guy in Morocco does propose I will accept. I have decided that I love him in every possible way and that love is strong enough to accept he may leave eventually. I value whatever time I can have with him. I love and value his faith and have decided I also want to accept the same faith-If it turns out I am an old fool and I become just this so-called step for immigrating out of his country for finacial gain, then it is what it is. A risk I have decided to accept. Hey, life is all about risks, eh?
I am going into this fully aware that remains a rather dark possibility yet I believe in myself that I am a good person of decency, who is lovable and enjoyable enough to be attractive.
We have spoken closely for 18 months and it will be close to 24 by the time I am able to journey there. I have seen this man work everyday of his life besides the major religious holiday times. I see he rents a tiny room and sleeps with blankets on the floor. I have seen his values for his family, friends, employer and his strong faith. Each day he amazes me with his strength and beliefs. He stays in constant contact with me. If he is planning on using me, then one thing most certainly, he is persistent and has invested 100% in it.
He works in a tourist zone in restaurant, club with nightlife and many tourist women are there. If he was into the immigration game I believe it would be much easier to play it with a tourist there than spend months getting to know me for.

There is contact with parents and other family members also that is positive. I believe he is honorable and would not do anything to hurt anyone. He never speaks of dreams to have materialistic things. He speaks much of God's will and refers to his faith often.

Our plan is for me to retire in less than 2 years and live there with him.
I am looking for any hints or tips on preparing for my first trip there. What to expect in the process to be accepted as a resident in Morocco. How to fit in, etc.
I have read many tourist wbsites but all information is helpful.
Thanks again!

Hello

Nobody can ever second guess how a marriage will work out but if the man is strong on his religion (Islam) then that's a very good indication he will treat your right. My advise to you is embrace Islam fully, learn how the Moroccans live and enjoy your retirement in a lovely country. As you said he is not materialistic, has a job and family and is firm on his faith then it doesn't sound like he would want move to a western country (I'm guessing you are from America). The UK is almost impossible for Moroccan men to  move to, I don't know if your country is the same? Once you are in Morocco you will have the warnings if everthing is right. The marriage process is quite lengthy , around three weeks to complete. If you are going to retire and have a pension in Morocco then it should be enough to live on easily their, the cost of living is low if you are sensible.  The Moroccans are family orientated, peaceful people. Food is nice, weather is nice.... sounds like a good move to me

Good luck

You know the signs you are aware of it all but are willing to go ahead. You are taking a huge risk but you don't seem too bothered one way or another what the outcome is..so good luck to you is all I can say  :unsure

Please be wary.
A pious man has opportunities to live a pious and simple/ascetic life in Morocco with a like-minded woman of a similar age. It's never easy to find a life partner but spending time looking online for a profile like yours and investing time to an online relationship suggests the person might have ulterior motives.

As a non-Moroccan I've observed that many Moroccans are indeed genuine and pious people, however, some Moroccans are charlatans yet adept at playing the pious role with ease.

Someone gave me advice 20 years ago - see how your intended reacts to an argument or something unpleasant - this will reveal their true character.

So be wary and most of all take his advice to heart and ask God for guidance on how to proceed. Ask God to show you the truth and save you from harm and bring you closer to Him.

Prophet Mohammed (salallahialayhim wasaleem) married Kahdijah who was a lot older than him and she had the wealth. He worked for her.

From what you said the man is in his 40's and not really in a position to  marry a woman younger than him in Morocco (the cost, cost of potential children). He could just be sensible enough to not load himself with lots of presssure and problems. Life can be hard in Morocco. For him, I think you would be a better option. You have got to know each other for a long time, he has his job, you will have a pension I guess at some point. It doesn't sound crazy from his side or yours. Like you said you have made up your mind and I don't think you are looking for people to make you change your mind

When rich meets poor it's always different to when you both have nothing to loose or you both have everything to loose. But that doesn't mean we all have to keep to our own country.

You are an American woman, looking to move to Morocco, accept Islam and marry a Muslim. Go for it. It sounds like Allah has guided you this far already. To me it looks like you have found a door way to the success in this life. The worse case, the marriage goes wrong. It happens. I'm sure you won't hand over all your worldly possessions. I hope that doesn't happen but every marriage is going into the unknow

Thank you for the warning and well wishes. We have endured many arguments and all had the theme of my fear of our age difference. I mentioned statistics are 95% at divorce within 2 years at our age difference, and some reports I had read indicating several years ago many young Morrocan males were searching for women in Western countries to immigrate and then divorce after residency obtained and the man would make his money and marry his Moroccan girlfriend. He would become very angry and accuse me of caring more for other peoples opinion instead of our own. He was right and he did provide reference to the Prophet PBUH and his marraige with an older woman, the President of France and then some random couples who married disabled, ill and/or aged people to prove his point.

The thing is I have no real test to prove or disprove his integrity and if he truly loves me until i go in person, meet him and spend time. This is the same for any couple.

I have asked him if he knows of anyone with our age gap there and he hasnt responded.

He tells me that he doesnt want to come to USA and he is happy where he is. Up until a few nights ago when we had a small disagreement. Then he sent me pics of him with tears and said he felt he was trapped working low pay work daily with just enough to send to his parents and for him to live in the tiny room and eat. Everyone has meltdowns and depression time to time and I felt this was the first he shared with me.

My guy has stayed with me through many stressful events in my life over time and offered support, suggestions and ideas. This leads me to believe he truly has interest in me and cares. He remembers every detail of all situations. He has been a close friend and I try to be equal for him. When i think he could possibly be just investing his time in me for immigration/financial reasons I feel as if I am betraying and disrespecting him.

He did ask me to close my social media accounts or remove all men and any females who questioned or disapproved of our relationship. 
He doesnt want me to go out to clubs or any place social and says he does the same because he is for me only and he wants me to give the same.

He tells me daily I will be happy there with him and love Morocco. He swears he will never leave me.

Only time can tell because I have no investigator in Morocco : )

My guy is younger than 40.
He insist age is not a problem and he cares not what any friend or associate has to say.
As I said in another response we have struggled with my fear of the ages.
He leads me to be confident in myself and him.
I have never met a man so strong is his faith and I feel by my observation he is naturally a good man.
No crystal ball eh?

You have great insight and I feel positive after reading this.
You are right, I learned of Islam before I met my guy and love everything about it.

I was wondering about his ability to marry there as he once mentioned dowry and the amount is high. Thanks for some word on that subject.

I know I will go and meet him in a couple months. He wants us to work on getting married so we can be together in all ways, upon my arrival but I do want to spend some time with him first before we go chasing down the requirements.

I will be eligible for a 30 year government service pension and other retirement funds in less than 2 years. We have talked extensively and we know the amount is ample for living comfortably there.

Well I doubt his reward on me as I cannot produce children

LeatherLace wrote:

You have great insight and I feel positive after reading this.
You are right, I learned of Islam before I met my guy and love everything about it.

I was wondering about his ability to marry there as he once mentioned dowry and the amount is high. Thanks for some word on that subject.

I know I will go and meet him in a couple months. He wants us to work on getting married so we can be together in all ways, upon my arrival but I do want to spend some time with him first before we go chasing down the requirements.

I will be eligible for a 30 year government service pension and other retirement funds in less than 2 years. We have talked extensively and we know the amount is ample for living comfortably there.

It is difficult to get married for a lot of people in Morocco. It's hard to find work. Even if you find work often it's not enough to be able to support a wife, potential children. Some now even ask the woman to have a house so they got somewhere to live. It can be a hard life their. Most people haven't got much but they are happy. I'm from England where most people have got a lot but are miserable .

In America and UK the society is rotten. Men have affairs a lot. It's a throw away society. Morocco is different. I'm not saying everyone is perfect but marriage and family values are rooted in their society. Really you can see the principles of Islam in Moroccan society. I saw it more after first impressions had passed.

I went to morocco and married a woman a lot younger than me. I hadn't met her before, just talked mainly on the Internet. You go through the marriage process together, it's hard work, lots of paper chasing, waiting, police interviews. It's stressful and it takes the minimum two weeks, if not a lot more. I surgest you start the process when you get their. Stay either with his family or in a hotel, not with him. I'm sure you will find out if he is genuine whilst going through this and you can back out at any time or even return to America with it in the process but not complete. Nothing is final and complete until the last part. I was ready to find a hotel and get a plane home if I thought I was making a mistake.

Marriage is like business deal. No man or woman has the best in everthing. Health, wealth, looks, age, personality, intellect. We all bring different good and bad points. We end up with who Allah plans for us to be with. Nothing happens by chance. The age difference only seems a problem to other people or a reason to let in doubts.

I would love to live in Morocco. I can't speak much Arabic but I have always got by with English. The security situation is very good, people respect their king, the police and each other. For a non Moroccan wife i have heard it's easy to get residency granted, it's still a paper chase though

Everything you said seems quite normal. I've got a good feeling about. Any questions about accepting Islam, becoming a Muslim you're more than welcome to ask. I'm English and accepted Islam about 15 years ago

A lot of advice...Just to add a few more words, I suggest you continue to have a good impression when you meet him and family and friends. Things are likely to be easier if you are trusting and not suspicious.

But it'll be foolish not to take time to ascertain whether you'll be comfortable to live in a different country with a man you've never physically met. So don't be pressurized into rushing into things.

Take time even though people might rush you - there's no harm in taking time until you're comfortable. Explore the environment, food, culture, medical services etc to see whether you could see yourself adjusting.

Hello just quick question where does he live in morocco
Seems some poeple try to convert you to be musilm here lol
Its not how it works i have seen bad muslims treating their wives so bad even cheating on them and i have seen christains men treating their wives good . So its not about religion really .
I will come back later to give u my experience and to answer some of your doubtings .

If he is really pious and fears Allah he would not be able to hurt you in any way. He should be honest with you and pretty straightforward all the way. I really hope this works for you, I fell like you want it to work so bad. But it is safe to spend some time with the guy, get to know him better in person, if there's a good future for this relationship, God will facilitate the process and things should go smoothly.
It is not about questioning his feelings/opinion, but you expressing your fears should not be a problem for him. He is Moroccan and he is well aware that people might be deceptive for hidden agendas. He should understand that and assure you that you will get to know him better in person and your concerns will fade away.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you eventually

His home
Is in Meknes, BMO(?)
Buy he stays for work in  Agadar/Marrakesh, has a tiny room he rents outside the city as he works in the tourist area for a restaurant/club.
He goes home only for the big holidays and he works 7 days a week open-close.

Hello back Again ,
What you wrote is very interesting and seems that you really close to each other though u are miles away what i call harmony,love distance and adoration.
I asked where does he lives as i know people who's living in south morocco they are always honest people and they dont try to hurt people unlike those who for instance grow in big city like casa blanca has no moral and they could be playboys ..
I have friend from meknes who works with me he is really nice guy and honest and helps me alot of time . Yet, what i said here doesnt make sense cuz people are different but i strongly people those people who lives in south of morocco ( tata,ourzazate, zagoura ...) are honest relgoius and friendly people .

If you want to change your religion thats your choice but when u want to do it you dont have to becuz of marriage or that you gonna marry that guy but do it becuz you read about it and u find the truth. Although in my opinion that who ever believe in one God and day of judgement and he did good deeds in life then he/she is muslim in other words there is only one religions islam and among it you find alot of communities :
Islam ( peace):
    - believers ( those who follow mohamed )
     - christains ( those who follow jesus )
      - Jewish ( those who follows moses )
See i mention believers those who follows mohamed becuz in the holy book god never call them muslims and always refers to them believers .
But anyway this is other topic and lets back to the point and try to tell you my story  i meet my wife 3 years ago and we loved each other and i decided to marry her i would lie to you if i said we dont have a problems in our life but the only things keeps us togther is the love . Our love is strong and it leads us to overcome this problems . I believe that if you want your relations to be strong it has to be connnected with God and also thinking about future to have something together . And the most important is the love ....
We are blessed with a baby girl and she make our life bright :)

Your concern about the age when you are 80 he wil be 60 but the most important who grantees that tomorrow is gonna be alive  and believe he might died before you lol as westerns live longer these days becuz of good health system .. and in all cases even if he was bad and he tricks you i think you will not regret it cuz i believe woman in your age she has no time for dramas lol

Thats why i suggest to take it as an advanture and at the end of the day you both who gonna decide if it will works or not is it true love or fake love .. and the more important is he wants kids or doesnt or if he u want to abuse u by taking ur money to change his situation. This questions is hard to answer becuz no one no the intention of others .

Finally your concern about resident in morocco first you have fo marry him then things will be easy for resident and a salary from 1000 to 2000 dollars per month will make you live happy in morocco :)
Good luck
Mo

Hello and Peace be upon You.

I am also an American and have been falling for a much younger woman from Morocco. I can see why my fellow Yankee lady could also fall for a Moroccan national, as the level of morals and goodness of the Moroccan people is so much higher than that of their Hebrew media influenced American counterparts!

I too am planning a trip for 2019, if my Moroccan friend agrees and as I am not a Muslim, if I plan my trip, I will be becoming a Muslim and will be learning Arabic.

I am so fond of this young lady that it is unfortunate how much ignorance people in the States have regarding Muslims.

I truly believe I will enjoy the rest of my days with a morally sound woman, an uncorrupted government, and a land in which I can be with others who believe as I do.

I just hope one day all religions can be educated and not use the most morally sound one as the scapegoat for problems created by the most arrogant one.

May Peace be upon You!

Oh god here we go again ....another blinded by love..shame on you for denouncing the Jews.

By the way I thought my Moroccan man was morale too...been married over 3 years had to live apart as plans taking some time he was a visa twice to get here then boom discovered he's on a social dating website looking to date women ! I thought I knew him well too...but there you go they wait as they want something from you but he's had the heave ho from me be careful  :blink:

Refused visa that's meant to say

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : foul language
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Well.  I have an opinion for you (who doesn't?).   Sounds liie you are up for an adventure and I say go for it!
I was here in Morocco in 2013 as a tourist.  I met an absolutely wonderful man.  Came for another visit a few minths later to sort of feel things out with him.  Met his family, friends, etc.  I moved here about 5 months later.  Got married.  I currently have  5-year residency.  We are renovating a house and living quite well. He doesn't want to emigrate anywhere   I am retired US military which is plenty to live on.  I will be 63 next month and he is 36. We have a lot of friends where the man is a young Moroccan and the woman is much older.  Some have emigrated and some haven't.  Almost all have been married for years, so the guy didnt just want to leave Morocco.  (Possibly the men where we live just like older women? They are all Amazigh)
Anyway, try it.  You can always leave if things arent great.

Any decent human being should live in Morocco.

Capoppy55
Thank you for sharing your story as it made me smile. It is also an example that there are genuine decent people if we care to look.
Often we read online here of relationships gone wrong or accusations of one being used for a ' visa' to the west.
So l am truly happy for you and hope others find it inspiring.
Keep smiling

Ali😁 :thanks:

You were right! I am crushed! He had been engaging in flirty and romantic conversations with several women on a secret Instagram and sending mesaages to them.  Also using an old facebook too without any mention he is engaged to marry me!
He got very angry with me and made accusations to try to deflect his guilt!
I never would have believed this from him!!! I seen it with my own eyes and showed him yet he denied it when the evidence was in front of him!
I am so shocked and hurt.
I am a complete fool! I

LeatherLace wrote:

You were right! I am crushed! He had been engaging in flirty and romantic conversations with several women on a secret Instagram and sending mesaages to them.  Also using an old facebook too without any mention he is engaged to marry me!
I never would have believed this from him!!! I seen it with my own eyes and showed him yet he denied it when the evidence was in front of him!
I am a complete fool! I

Really sorry to hear that. The world is full of nasty people unfortunately. On the positive side at least you found out now and not after getting married. Also you got to find out a bit a bout Islam, I hope you keep going, if that is your fait. Maybe go morocco any way, I would if I could. I noticed one of the comments was saying something like it doesn't matter what religion you follow, it's all one religion and you can be either Christian, Muslim or Jew and they are all accepted by God. Well that's not the case. God sent different Prophets at different times and Mohammed is the last of the Prophets and for all of us to follow.

I hope you can put this bad experience behind you. It's not how Muslims should behave.

LeatherLace wrote:

I am a complete fool! I

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this. I know you believe in him and you wanted to work so bad. God loves you because you got him red-handed ahead of time. I know you should be hurt by now but while you are processing the bad news you will feel relieved afterwards trust me.
Make no mistake! you are not a fool ! you had the best intentions with someone who was not worth your time. It's not your fault. Love and caring can never be guilty.

Thank you both very much for the kindness and support. Yes I still want to come! Hey there may yet be more fairytales to uncover!

Greetings all,

I had actually private messaged LeatherLace some time ago, in response to this thread.

I absolutely DISAGREED with EVERYTHING she said. I honestly couldn't disagree more!

So I wrote to her a lengthy message, and STRONGLY warned her about this. I tried to encourage her to END IT. She did not respond.

The reason I did not post publicly on this thread is because I know that some people (without mentioning names) will jump on my case, which was the norm back when I was a regular on this site.

In fact I got reported and banned many times simply for posting my frank and no-nonsense opinions.

But I feel good knowing my warnings to her turned out TRUE. So my lengthy message was not a waste of time & effort.

LeatherLace, as sad as it is, I'm glad you found out the truth. Better now than later. I did warn you. I really tried my best to help you.

And no, you're not a complete fool at all. You're actually the opposite. You're intelligent and found out his dark hidden secrets! Very wise.

Best of luck with the future. I hope you find what you're seeking.

I am an American woman, i was engaged with a Moroccan man , thank God i discovered his lies before marriage.

Hey there folks, just a quick one if anyone can help me..
I want to get married in Morocco and and I am  half way through putting all the paper work together only to find I have a few cautions on my criminal record from 9-10 years ago.
1. Can I be refused?
2. Is there any version of this story where my future wife won't get to know about me cautions?

Ps : I am a 27 year old British citizen. You

Eser wrote:

I am an American woman, i was engaged with a Moroccan man , thank God i discovered his lies before marriage.

Hey Eser. Glad to see you again! And even gladder you discovered the scam. Especially as I remember speaking to you a few years ago, advising you to be very careful when you brought up the topic of your potential marriage in Morocco. If I remember correctly, you're American of Chinese origin. How time flies!

XB23 wrote:
Eser wrote:

Hey Eser. Glad to see you again! And even gladder you discovered the scam. Especially as I remember speaking to you a few years ago, advising you to be very careful when you brought up the topic of your potential marriage in Morocco. If I remember correctly, you're American of Chinese origin. How time flies!

Hi, XB23, happy New Year!  I am so thankful  for your advice.     the Moroccan guy i was engaged in was full of lies.  Looking back, There were red flags at the beginning, but i did not pay attention to them, until the red flags became too many to ignore, they were so obvious.   After i broke up with him, he did not take no for an answer, and kept calling me.  Even sent me his selfies with crocdile tears .  But by that time, i was totally done with him, and nothing could take me back to him.  After he realized that he burnd his bridge, he sold my telephone number to 26 moroccan men who are looking for Greencards.  He told them ,” call this woman, she is looking for a Moroccan husband”.  This is just one of the many examples, The scam he did piles up to a book.  I am struggling to forgive this scum, but i can never forget, i learned a big lesson.  Like all other countries, Morocco has its good and bad, and everything in between.  I still love it's long coastline,  its delicious food, sunny blue sky, etc, but I know so much now that i will not fall into a hand of a greencard prditor anymore, no matter how charming and handsome he is.  :).

I think you are taking a big risk.  But good luck

And pigs fly

Eser wrote:
XB23 wrote:
Eser wrote:

Hi, XB23, happy New Year!  I am so thankful  for your advice.     the Moroccan guy i was engaged in was full of lies.  Looking back, There were red flags at the beginning, but i did not pay attention to them, until the red flags became too many to ignore, they were so obvious.   After i broke up with him, he did not take no for an answer, and kept calling me.  Even sent me his selfies with crocdile tears .  But by that time, i was totally done with him, and nothing could take me back to him.  After he realized that he burnd his bridge, he sold my telephone number to 26 moroccan men who are looking for Greencards.  He told them ,” call this woman, she is looking for a Moroccan husband”.  This is just one of the many examples, The scam he did piles up to a book.  I am struggling to forgive this scum, but i can never forget, i learned a big lesson.  Like all other countries, Morocco has its good and bad, and everything in between.  I still love it's long coastline,  its delicious food, sunny blue sky, etc, but I know so much now that i will not fall into a hand of a greencard prditor anymore, no matter how charming and handsome he is.  :).

Greetings Eser – I hope you're well.

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your experiences with us. This will be very helpful to those considering marriage to a Moroccan. I hope they learn from your story and take note.

People say Morocco is a magical place – I tend to agree with them. It magically removes all common sense and logic from us. I used to joke with a member on here that people seem to magically leave their brains behind when they arrive in Morocco – So yes, it's a magical place!

We joked about it because we came across many highly educated individuals, such as yourself, somehow not realizing the obvious right at the start! At the time I was thinking, how can this scientist not see it and I can! What more proof do they want?!

I understand why he kept trying even though you told him it's over, as there has been cases of people taking them back after they've been begged and shown fake tears. He was hoping you make that mistake. This is particularly the case when the person has already prepared the required documents. As they hope they come back, and quickly complete the process and begin the visa application.

I met someone on here a few years ago who did all the documents, however stopped short of signing the marriage contract because of doubts and warnings he received from me. His ex stayed in touch with him for a long time, and probably still in touch with him, even though he already ended it. He said they are only ‘friends'. I told him to completely delete and remove her from his life. I guess he is finding it hard to let go. I'm pleased to see you're mentally strong and managed to leave him completely and move on!

As terrible as it is someone giving your number to others without your permission, particularly scammers, as well as other things that happened to you – still consider yourself very lucky and that you have got away with little damage done compared to others!

Plenty of people have been left emotionally and financially ruined, especially if they brought them over to their country. Some have faced false accusation of domestic violence and arrested for it. A few months ago, someone on here posted about this experience! Had he reached the USA, the problems you would have to deal with, as you would have been financially responsible for him.… best not to think about it!

True – having been to Morocco plenty of times, it's certainly a wonderful place, with beautiful nature, and amazing food. I would recommend anyone to visit. However, do not forget that we are experiencing Morocco as visitors from very rich developed countries.

We are there as western tourists. We come with money, and can enjoy it and relax. I do not think we would have the same feelings and experience of the country if we were stuck living there, with little money and low prospects.

We also know we can leave at any time. Come and go as we please. Unlike most of them, they can't. We are free to do what we want and have the power to spend as we please. I think that plays a large part in why we found it enjoyable. I do not blame them for wanting to leave. The problem isn't the desire for a Green Card, but to use someone to obtain it, and get rid of them once that goal is achieved, leaving them behind paying the full consequences financially and emotionally.

I'm glad you learnt your lesson without paying a huge price for it! Your future visits to Morocco and other places will be done with a far wiser approach. Regardless of the negatives you experienced, you still benefited from this relationship while he lost the opportunity you provided him with had he been honest. So all in all – I'm very happy for you!

Enjoy the weekend!

I have met a bunch of women who did this.  They all got used and dumped after the guy got his citizenship.  Men and women from Morocco don't have lower standards for physical attraction, but poor desperate people anywhere in the world will lower their standards to get ahead.  The question I always have is why does anyone think it morally okay to do this and then complain that they were used?  The laws of attraction don't work differently in Morocco.  Lots of very attractive people in Morocco.

It is very delusional to think a younger man is really going to want a life commitment with a older women.  It is also very selfish of the other person to allow this to happen in my opinion.  It also seems like long term prostitution contract.  Just because men have historically acted selfish in this area does not mean women should too.

When you get in to a relationship with someone who is not  your equal in terms of age/life experience and income you are playing with fire and looking to get burnt.

Oh just want to add that the original poster better be careful not to loose her entire live savings and end up penniless and supporting her Moroccan younger man and his 2nd wife and children.  I had met this women in a similar situation in Canada.  The poor fool used all her money to buy a place with her younger husband who grew very cold even ashamed to be seen with her in public after she got him over to Canada.  He tricked her in to buying a place for them over there. The place ended up in his name.  Once back in Canada and after he got his citizenship he quickly divorced her claiming he want to have a kids.  When back to his country remarried and did have kids.   His new family is living in the place she bought and she is living in a dump on welfare/ social assistance and lost her entire life savings.  His family was super nice to her too ... but this still happened.

LeatherLace wrote:

I am a complete fool! I

The only time a European or American woman need to consider marrying a Moroccan man is when:
1. He is educated in Europe or America
2. He has more money than you (valued in £, €, or $)
3. His family has more money than you (valued in £, €, $)
4. No conversion is required (if the woman happen to be Christian or Agnostic), either by him or his family - this shows his level of education in private matters
5. The gold standard, he has worked in Europe or America in is profession of choice. Not in employment meant for immigrants (taxi drivers, janitors, street vendors, etc.).

Then, and only then, the prospect of marriage is on the table.

Otherwise you are just:

A) A wallet with two legs
B) A stepping stone (to get a visa and citizenship abroad)

NOW; To be totally honest, the are MANY Moroccan men who would meet that four of five above criteria. BUT, they have no need to troll the internet looking for brides. Either their mothers find young, attractive and educated women of child bearing age for them (Moroccan or foreigners); Or they find their own women through mutual friends.

I have spend enough time in Morocco to watch these M.O. being played again and again, especially on European and American women.

In the last three years of my stay in Morocco, I have met and become friends with several American and European women who have successfully built families with Moroccan men. But of course all their husbands met at least four (4) of the above criteria.

Building a family with someone and being happy are not always the same thing.
I was reading this very honest blog written by this American women who married a Moroccan Man and relocated to Morocco with their kids and I was very impressed about how honest she was.
Marriage anywhere is not always perfect.
No idea why anyone would think marrying someone from a different culture, faith and relocating to another country would make it easier.
Also if you have a good life in one country why would you want to move to Morocco unless you can maintain that standard of living? 
I explored relocated to Morocco and I lost interest as I could not maintain my standard of living in any part of Morocco I wanted to live in.
Regular houses where I live which are considered villas in Morocco in major cities are expensive and people get paid way worse so it is not sustainable.
Not worth it unless you are going their to retire or unless you already have a lower quality of life in your own country.  So Morocco may be attractive to the old or broke, but it can be a money pit for a young foreign professional/ a one way ticket to economic crisis.  Your chances of finding a rich age appropriate husband that can fund your lifestyle are going to be super limited.  Wealthy men that come from good families that actually make good husband ( ex not abusive or unfaithful) are rare anywhere.

globewalker wrote:

Building a family with someone and being happy are not always the same thing.
I was reading this very honest blog written by this American women who married a Moroccan Man and relocated to Morocco with their kids and I was very impressed about how honest she was.
Marriage anywhere is not always perfect.
No idea why anyone would think marrying someone from a different culture, faith and relocating to another country would make it easier.
Also if you have a good life in one country why would you want to move to Morocco unless you can maintain that standard of living? 
I explored relocated to Morocco and I lost interest as I could not maintain my standard of living in any part of Morocco I wanted to live in.
Regular houses where I live which are considered villas in Morocco in major cities are expensive and people get paid way worse so it is not sustainable.
Not worth it unless you are going their to retire or unless you already have a lower quality of life in your own country.  So Morocco may be attractive to the old or broke, but it can be a money pit for a young foreign professional/ a one way ticket to economic crisis.  Your chances of finding a rich age appropriate husband that can fund your lifestyle are going to be super limited.  Wealthy men that come from good families that actually make good husband ( ex not abusive or unfaithful) are rare anywhere.

Nobody should move from Europe or the USA to Morocco to find a job. Even if one managed to find a job vacancy, it should be for Moroccan, not for foreigners.

BUT; Morocco is a perfect place to invest and building a Diversified Income-Generating Assets without getting into debt. Real estate is very affordable, the entire country is in the same time zone as Europe, and its government provides and maintains superb infrastructures.

So in short, it could easily be one of the best place to Invest & Retire; But probably one of the worst to find a husband......!

NOTE:
I am not sure why “globewalker” said housing / property was expensive in Morocco. Well-built and desirable properties in major cities in Morocco are priced between €1100 and €1300 per square meters of habitable area. Being translated to prices in New York City, Paris, London or Singapore, a decent 3-Bedroom House with a garden in Morocco is comparable to the price of a tiny Studio Apartment.

Abe123, I can tell you're educated and familiar with Morocco. I've a few questions. Since my wife is Moroccan citizen, she can buy a car. Can I drive her car without having Moroccan resident permit and Moroccan license? Can I buy a moped or scooter without residency permit and ride it around without Moroccan license or Moroccan ID? I've heard that Morocco may start requiring registration for mopeds and scooters.

Thanks for your time.