Bringing in merchandise from the States

Any long time Colombia vets know if there exists any services to bring things bought through Amazon or ebay through a Miami P.O. box? Here in Panama there are numerous companies who do this.....So it is a simple matter of searching online for whatever you want, buying it with a credit card and shipping to the relevant Miami p.o. box. And generally there would be 2 flights per week to bring it here to Panama. So in theory you buy today and it gets here inside of a week. And the customs charges typically are so little as to be insignificant.......If they are charging taxes on the items I havent noticed it......if a carpart costs a $100 here and I buy it for $30 online from ebay or whatever, I would pay approx $6 in freight charges to get it here.......Will this same system work in Colombia or is DIAN too complex and difficult?

Never mind......Ive been told by the Col/Amer guy who runs the excellent service here in Chiriqui Panama, that he has thoroughly investigated it in Colombia, because he was thinking about doing the same thing, and it wont work........He says forget it.......unless youre part of the mafia which controls the game, you dont have a chance.......Hahahaha.a.......Colombia.............still a nice place to visit.............

Actually, it's totally possible. We do it all the time. I think it's a bit more expensive than Panama, and it takes about ten days, but it's pretty easy. Here's the email of the company in Florida that we use: [email protected]

So how do you avoid the 20% VAT ?

It has never come to that much...and if the box is over ten lbs and valuec under $200, it is 12%...

Michelle, that is great news.........funny that all these long time Colombian expats didnt know about that.........umhhhh............se da a pensar......So what if its less than 2 lbs and $100? Then is it still the standard 12%

To verify that you get the absolutely correct info on a specific item, I would say that contacting the freight forwarder directly would be a good idea.

I have already done that and latin style have not gotten a response, haha.........nobody home....................

Yes you can do it here is a comoany name telotraigo.com is the same like you said

:D Sorry, I only just now saw your reply! I guess I'm becoming Latín as well! I would try contacting them again and checking your spam folder, because they usually contact me in four days at the most.