VDR Stage 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a case that need your help.
I sceduled to work this 24 September 18. I just get the approval from MDEC by today and need to make endorsement/calling visa to Jakarta as soon as possible.

However, I cant make it to go to Malaysia Embassy at Jakarta Selatan by today, should be tomorrow because of my place of resident is quite far.

As I know, the endorsement process takes around 3 days. Means that if i do it by tomorrow it will complete by Monday, 24 Septenber which also my joining date.

I discussed this matter with my company, they said if  couldnt make it faster. I will be replaced to another candidate.

My question:
1. Is it possible for me to get replaced to another candidate? I've completed several hiring process (offer letter, sign contract, until now VDR approval stage 1)

Really need your response.
Thank you in advance.

This is a strange series of events, but an employer can withdraw an offer of employment if the terms cannot be met (in your case its the starting date).

It's expensive for them to do this kind of thing and rather illogical, for the sake of one day. There is no point getting into a fight and perhaps they were going to be a nightmare employer anyway and you escaped just in time. Unless there are some details missing from the timeline, such as delays you have caused, their behaviour is irrational.

Yeah somehow what you've said is true.

For now, I'm waiting the reply and suggestion from company what will happen in near future.

Thanks 🙏