Need advice on buying an apartment in Istanbul

Hi all,

My mother is looking forward to permanently relocate to Turkey and I am therefore planning to buy a three-room apartment for her in Istanbul. My budget doesn't exceed $30,000-40,000 (about TL 190,000-245,000 at the time of this post). I found quite a few options at this price range on sahibinden website and most of them are newly constructed buildings located in and around Avcilar area.

In fact there are advertisements for apartments with even lower prices with the same specs (3-rooms 2-toilets 1-kitchen) in the same area while some other areas are radically more expensive, which creates a confusion on why that is the case.

What are your thoughts about this area of Istanbul (around Avcilar area) and what should I expect with my price range and if it's not enough how much do you think is the right amount for a house with my my given specs?

Thanks in advance for the feedback :)

dude, you know, supply and demand sooner or later will balance itself and the price is determined.
and each commodity more or less can find its own purchaser under similar prices.
yr question is too much relative, there are several apartments among several areas, all have lovers or haters.
simply, as far as you close to city center, prices raise. as far as you are away, reduce.
simpler, as long as you pay less, people in yr neighbourhood are more ignorant. as long as you pay more, people in yr neighbourhood are less redneck.
simplest, you should come and see to decide by yourself.
my peronal idea: it is not the correct time to invest here. find somewhere to rent, then anytime yr mom can change her location in case she doesnt like it.

Thank you Borraro for your active participation in this forum.
So if you are away from city center, it is cheaper. In this case you need a car and a driver's license. I would like to ask you how did you get your driver's license in Turkey? Do you need to learn Turkish language to pass the test?

Thank you
Fred from Canada

i have no idea..
pls visit http://www.istanbul.pol.tr/trafikdenetl … ss.aspx#12 but you gonna need translation.
also check http://www.istanbul.pol.tr/trafiktescil … C4%B0.aspx

Thank you my friend. I appreciate your valuable advises to us.

Thanks for the advice Borraro