Shop & Ship - Aramex

Hi guys

Does anyone have experience or tried the " Shop & ship " service which provided by Aramex?

I want to know the disadvantages of this kind of services.

Thanks in advance for helping

I have been using it for years.  First in UAE, then Bahrain and also in Saudi.

The only disadvantage that I see is that it is expensive vs. normal post and is especially prohibitive when you are wanting to do weight heavy shipments (low value but high weight like books).

But you can't beat it for convenience.  Once the package reaches the SNS account in, say, US, you will get it within a week at your door step. And you have SNS addresses in dozens upon dozens of countries so you can shop from wherever you want.

How about the customs fees in Saudi??

If the purchase price / invoice amount is above 600$ how much they will charge?

Depends on value and nature of items.  I think you pay when value is 3000 riyals and above for personal goods. You can check on Saudi customs site.

hi Xtang,
I see you mentioned ordering books and it is correct that books weight makes shipping charges so high. Do you know any other source to order books online?

You can get them shipped normally if on Amazon.  Any courier service like SNS would be too expensive for books.

XTang wrote:

Depends on value and nature of items.  I think you pay when value is 3000 riyals and above for personal goods. You can check on Saudi customs site.

I have checked the customs web.

All the shipments below 1000 SR is exempted ( no customs Fees)

Now I got clear view, Thanks for the help  :)

XTang wrote:

You can get them shipped normally if on Amazon.  Any courier service like SNS would be too expensive for books.

I have checked shop & ship web. also to know the shipping fees

Fees for 1 KG (shipment weight) is around 90 SR excluding VAT. That means 1 KG will cost around 100 SR

where are you located, let me know if you need help I work in this company

Ehtesham wrote:

where are you located, let me know if you need help I work in this company

I'm located in Riyadh

Sure will let you know if I need help. Thank you bro.