Brexit and its implications for British, HU and any other citizens

I meant to the actual article on the subject rather than just the general web site. 

As you said about variations on paperwork at borders, references (preferably multiple ones) are important.   I'm quite used to working with government types and some of them will blatantly make stuff up in order to get rid of you!  It's often what they think it should be like than the reality.

In Hungary we all wonder what is going on at the queue front end (for whatever it might be) that takes so long.  It's because the person serving may be telling you something that is totally wrong and by asking the same question in different ways, it's possible to try and find out more and check for gaps in the answer.  Even I do it to try and confirm and reconfirm.   Even better, try and triangulate from multiple sources to try and even out all the waffle and opinion from the facts.

And if there's a definitive answer, get a paper with a rubber stamp saying it's so, even if it's not really required!

fluffy2560 :

I meant to the actual article on the subject rather than just the general web site. 

It was the lead article on the front page; here is the link to the article.

Cynic :
fluffy2560 :

Doesn't really give any information just waffles on.  What they should have done is published a list!

I just listened to the fake bongs from a Big Ben recording on LBC.

We're out.

I'm quite sad about it even though I'm quite keen to stick the boot in on the EU - err....sorry...hold them to account. 

Still don't know for sure what's what as far as on the ground, in your face, Brexit reality will be like.

Brexit has happened and, whatever your take on the situation, it's very clear there are going to be massive repercussions over time, and not just in Europe.
The Spanish are already moving to take Gib and the French are desperate to keep fishing in UK waters - Just the start of a lot of messing around to come.

Fred :

Brexit has happened and, whatever your take on the situation, it's very clear there are going to be massive repercussions over time, and not just in Europe.
The Spanish are already moving to take Gib and the French are desperate to keep fishing in UK waters - Just the start of a lot of messing around to come.

The Spanish won't dare to try and take Gib by force.  They'd be pulverised and the UK will send their aircraft carrier down there.  But I do expect the Spanish to hassle people.  The Spanish are already in the poo for trying to jail the former Catalan government for sedition.  That's not a normal state of affairs for an EU country.   Spain and Gib is a broken record.  We can chuck Ceuta and Melilla back at them.  It's like Sturgeon with her blah-blah referendums - a one trick pony.  She's been told already to STFU.

I do expect the Spanish to put up the border though and inconvenience a lot of people.  Shame as I like Spain.

As far as I understand it. the French can continue to fish in UK waters until the end of this year.  It's all bit daft as the role of fishing in the UK economy is just about zero.  If the French really want to fish somewhere, they could just go out in the middle of the Atlantic and help themselves.

BTW, I'm old enough to remember the Cod Wars with Iceland!

Still not found out if I can use the e-gates coming into the EU.  Blinking useless f**kwits.

fluffy2560 :
Cynic :
fluffy2560 :

Doesn't really give any information just waffles on.  What they should have done is published a list!

The Express also edits its stuff, one of the reasons why I don't like linking to them.

fluffy2560 :
Fred :

Still not found out if I can use the e-gates coming into the EU.  Blinking useless f**kwits.

I'm old enough (and stupid enough) to have been serving during the Cod War; the guy on Sky News just said you can still use the gates; apparently they are not EU dependant, they are biometric passport dependent, they just showed us a US passport holder going through one.  Perhaps they are country dependant?

I have said before NOTHING changes until the end of the year!!

SimCityAT :

I disagree.
The remainers are moaning a lot more, and the escapers are way more smug.

Cynic :
fluffy2560 :
Fred :

I'm old enough (and stupid enough) to have been serving during the Cod War; the guy on Sky News just said you can still use the gates; apparently they are not EU dependant, they are biometric passport dependent, they just showed us a US passport holder going through one.  Perhaps they are country dependant?

The problem is that they are always talking about EU and other people coming into the UK whereas I don't care about that much.

I care about me going to Europe and not getting stuck in the queues at large airports such as Frankfurt.   UK allows other nationalities to come via that route but hardly anyone else does as it's a national and Schengen thing.   

That said, there are very large numbers of Chinese people usually coming through passports. I cannot see that happening for a few months. Must have dropped right off.

Apparently I don't know my Cod Wars mixed up - I didn't realise there was more than one. It was the 3rd Cod War I was referring to.

Fred :
SimCityAT :

I disagree.
The remainers are moaning a lot more, and the escapers are way more smug.

It's descended to name-calling now; someone just learned that making clever remarks doesn't make your nose resistant to getting punched.

The Rock

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 … tar-claims

The EU is backing the Spanish. No shock there.

Fred :

The Rock

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 … tar-claims

The EU is backing the Spanish. No shock there.

I think it's a lot of scaremongering. Spain receives billions from British visitors for tourism.  Trying to push that agenda isn't going to fly.  I doubt Gib is anywhere the top of anyone else's agenda.  UK is (irritatingly) cosying up to HU and OV and by supporting them, they can use them as proxies perhaps.  UK isn't without its own muscle in ways other than being in the EU.  I'm surprised the Spanish even bother.  Better to just let it go  for now and fix their own problems without being aggressive - i.e. Catalonia.

The EU is making mischief

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-sc … s-51342714

Making noises about how Scotland would be welcome to break from the UK and join the EU.
Basically, tusk and the EU regime  is interfering in UK politics in order to gain advantage in future negotiations.

Fred :

The EU is making mischief

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-sc … s-51342714

Making noises about how Scotland would be welcome to break from the UK and join the EU.
Basically, tusk and the EU regime  is interfering in UK politics in order to gain advantage in future negotiations.

Well, Boris has already said No to Sturgeon so saying No to Tusk is relatively easy.  Sounds like it's as you say positioning before negotiations.  Boris has been doing the same these past days.  But on the specific, if Brexit is a great success, then Sturgeon's idea is dead and buried no matter how much she plays that broken record.  Boris isn't going to be weak as he doesn't have to be - he's got a whopping majority and all the legal cards. Looks like a STFU Nicola.