Living in HCMC

Hello All,

We have had to move into HCMC in a very short notice. Trying to scamper our way around actually and any help is appreciated. I have a few questions in mind look forward to find answers to them.

- We hail from India and trying to figure out an Indian community here
- What is the best area to live in HCMC (we would prefer a area which has a higher expat influence)
- Where can I stock my Indian grocery from? I know about a shop in the Bitexo tower, any other suggestion?
- We love taking long drives over the weekend. I understand it is difficult to have a car in Vietnam, is that true? Any heads up or tips on it ?
- Should we specifically get anything from India which is a hard find in HCMC?

Also look forward to meet fellow expats and know their experiences ...

There is a very active FB group for Indian expatriates living in Vietnam. You can get some genuine leads on most of your Indian grocery etc. related queries over there.
Many Indian expats stay in and around Phu My Hung area in D7.  That is an expat area like Thao Dien in D2.
You can rent a car (comes with a driver) for a day trip to wherever you want to go.

If you're from India then driving in Vietnam is no different. Same madness and risk of mortality with fewer people on the road.