Is it safe for indian family to settle in capetown

Hi Friends,

My husband got job in capetown, SA.  We do not have any friends or relatives their so we are really confused whether it is safe or not...
Because when i googled about the city i saw many robberies, mugging etc in the day light infront of public and also it is not at all safe to go out in the night.
In some posts i could also see that only in some particular places this happens. If so can i know those places so that we can avoid staying their.
I have an year baby where i do not wish to take risk.
Can someone please give good suggestion and help me out of this situation?
Thanks

You are right about your experience of Googling the information regarding safety in Cape Town. There is a lot of information that might make you worried about safety. However, it's not necessarily true that entire Cape Town is totally unsafe. A lot of people migrate to Cape Town and enjoy their stay.
In fact, every city has safe and unsafe areas. If you go by the views shared on the Internet, you may not be able to make the right decision or find the right place to stay. Instead, you should study the crime statistics of different areas of Cape Town and find out for yourself as to which places are relatively safe for you.
Once you study the data, there is no room for misinformation or getting misled. You will be able to see the situation in Cape Town quite clearly and objectively. It will be possible for you to identify a suitable location for you and your family. So don't get affected by what you read on the Internet. Just study the data and choose a safe place to stay in Cape Town!

Good day.

In South Africa, you have to sleep with one eye open. During the day, we are constantly aware of danger/robberies/hijackings.  You have to be VERY streetwise in order to stay one step before trouble.  Never trust anyone. Don't let someone hold your child while you get something out of your handbag. DON'T TRUST EVEN THE MOST INNOCENT LOOKING SITUATION