Bike rental near Malmparken/Ballerup Centret

Dear fellow expats,

I will start working on a company that is around 2km away from the Malmparken and Ballerup centret stations, and was wondering if anyone knows if bike rental is an option for me. I would need it only between the stations and the office, as I think it would be too complicated to carry my own bike all the way from Frederiksberg, where I currently live.
Could anyone please advise?

Cheers!
Magnaterra

What you can do is to buy a used bike at a bicycle dealer.
You can also take a look in the free online paper dba.dk. Do take care not to buy a stolen bike if you use dba.dk.
Finally, you can buy a new one at Bilka (take a look at bilka.dk) or coop.dk. A new bike is sold for under 2,000 kroner, and it should be okay as the distance from the station to Malmparken is so short.

Ballerup station offers secure and dry bicycle parking. The 7-eleven kiosk can tell you about the parking and the price.

/Nellie

Hi Nellie,
Thanks for your help!
So you mean to say that it would be ok for me to take my bike with me from Frederiksberg to Malmparken?

Best regards,
Marcelo

No, I would recommend you to buy yet another bike for this purpose, but it will be necessary to pay for a secure parking. This will cost money, but I would never expect to see my bike again if I let it stay overnight at a station without this precautious measure.

If you prefer to take your present bike with you in the train, you shall be aware that you cannot bring it with you in the metro during the rush hours, and the s-trains have only a limited capacity for bikes why you risk that you have to wait for the next train (and hope that this train will have room for it). I understood that you weren't interested in this solution initially, and I won't recommend it either.

/Nellie

Hi Nellie,

Thanks for the info.
I guess I will try walking the distance for now, as I think that buying a bicycle only for this purpose is a bit excessive. Anyways, if I feel the need, I will certainly consider the option.
I was thinking about one of this bikes that you can rent from various stops. If there was one stop near the station and another near the office building, that would be an excellent possibility, but I'm not so sure that is the case.

Best regards,
Marcelo