Belgium work visa with dependent spouse

Hello,

Greetings to All!!!
My name is Jay and I currently stay in India and will be travelling to Brussels by end of September on work permit B with dependent spouse. I need help for below topics.
1. In visa application form there is a section which says current occupation, I already left my current organization on 7 September and will be joining Belgium Employer - should I mention here my Indian organizations detail which I left or my future employer detail of Belgium or no occupation?
2. Could anyone please share sample cover letter for work visa and dependent spouse?
3. Stay financed by - in this section should I mention myself for both me and my spouse or Belgium Employer as they will be paying me monthly salary (I will be booking BBF flats for 3 month contract and get the rental agreement to attach with application)

Please help as I need to submit application early next week.

Regards
Jay

1. Just mention your job title. If it is engineer, just write engineer. That's it.
2. There are plenty of samples availble in the internet. Go through many and make your own customised version.
3. Yes. You can mention yourself. Attach the initial 3 months rental contract with your application.

Thank you Anees  :)

Hi Jay,

Good to know that you are moving to Brussels. I will be applying for VISA in OCT 1st week for Brussels. Did you get your VISA stamped? Can you please help me as you have the latest experience in VISA process?

1. What you have written in the Current Organization section as you have left your Indian company?
2. What details you have provided for the Stay Financed section? Hotel?
3. I will be applying for my spouse visa along with my visa can you let me know what details need to be given in Current organization section for dependent spouse as in my case my Spouse is working in an Indian company.

Can you let me know what documents you have submitted along with Visa application?

Regards,
VK

While we wait for smeone who did this in recent past to answer, my 2 cents :)

1.You can leave this field blank.
2. Stay financed by "self" if you are boooking a hotel. Add hotel reservation printout to the application file. If company is booking, mention employer and add the reservation to printout the file. 
3. You can leave it blank. As she is applying as your dependent, the consulate is not very interested in her occupation or so.

Thank you Aneesh for your quick response  :) .

Visa application for Indians is online now and the above mentioned fields are mandatory which i can't leave blank, 2nd and 3rd point is ok for me now. For the 1st point i will provide my current organization as i am still attached to it.

Aha. now its online.. okay.. in that case, yes, just mention your current employer.

Thank you Aneesh.

Please help on one more important information given below.

In the "Main Purpose of the Journey" section there are 2 possible options in the dropdown.
   1. Paid Work
   2. Official; Political

I am sure it's not political but the journey can be Official. Please help.

Paid work it is.

Hi Jay. Thank you for the information. You already reached Belgium?

Hi Aneesh. Can you please help here?

My wife has only firstname and no surname/lastname in her all the documents including passport. Now Visa application has online it is mandatory to fill the surname/lastname column. Can i put dot(.) or should i provide firstname in both? I contacted the VFS center for Visa appointment and they have asked me to write firstname in both firstname and lastname in Visa appointment form.

I have written to the Embassy but didn't get the reply yet. Please help.

Hi,

Yes I reached. You need to mention first name in surname field as well.
1. What you have written in the Current Organization section as you have left your Indian company? -> mentioned my last employer details and I specified in cover letter that I already got released and looking forward to join my new organization in BE
2. What details you have provided for the Stay Financed section? Hotel? -> for my form i mentioned it as my organization in BE after consulting Mumbai consulate as they will be paying me salary and my further stay will be covered by that... For spouse I mentioned my name and attached bank statement... I also did a 3months rental contract with BBF flats and attached the copy.... Apart from this you also need to take travel insurance of your wife for 90 days covering 30k Euros (it will cost around 3k inr)
3. I will be applying for my spouse visa along with my visa can you let me know what details need to be given in Current organization section for dependent spouse as in my case my Spouse is working in an Indian company. - just mention details of the company... It was the case with my wife as well...

List of documents:
Me:
1. Form
2. Cover letter
3. Contract of employment
4. work permit
5. Rental agreement copy (not mandatory)
6. PCC (legalized)
7. Medical certificate
8. Copy of degree and CV for reference (not required but I had attached since I mentioned on my cover letter that I have so and so experience and degree)
9. Copy of proof of contribution

Spouse:
1. Form
2. Cover letter
3. Birth certificate(legalized)
4. PCC(legalized)
5. Marriage certificate (legalised)
6. Travel health insurance
7. My passport copy, work permit copy & contract of employment copy
8. Medical certificate
9. Rental Agreement
10. My bank statement
11. Copy of proof of contribution

I hope this helps!!! :)

jay.vaishnav52 wrote:

Hi,

Yes I reached. You need to mention first name in surname field as well.
1. What you have written in the Current Organization section as you have left your Indian company? -> mentioned my last employer details and I specified in cover letter that I already got released and looking forward to join my new organization in BE
2. What details you have provided for the Stay Financed section? Hotel? -> for my form i mentioned it as my organization in BE after consulting Mumbai consulate as they will be paying me salary and my further stay will be covered by that... For spouse I mentioned my name and attached bank statement... I also did a 3months rental contract with BBF flats and attached the copy.... Apart from this you also need to take travel insurance of your wife for 90 days covering 30k Euros (it will cost around 3k inr)
3. I will be applying for my spouse visa along with my visa can you let me know what details need to be given in Current organization section for dependent spouse as in my case my Spouse is working in an Indian company. - just mention details of the company... It was the case with my wife as well...

List of documents:
Me:
1. Form
2. Cover letter
3. Contract of employment
4. work permit
5. Rental agreement copy (not mandatory)
6. PCC (legalized)
7. Medical certificate
8. Copy of degree and CV for reference (not required but I had attached since I mentioned on my cover letter that I have so and so experience and degree)
9. Copy of proof of contribution

Spouse:
1. Form
2. Cover letter
3. Birth certificate(legalized)
4. PCC(legalized)
5. Marriage certificate (legalised)
6. Travel health insurance
7. My passport copy, work permit copy & contract of employment copy
8. Medical certificate
9. Rental Agreement
10. My bank statement
11. Copy of proof of contribution

I hope this helps!!! :)

Thanks for taking the time Jay. By the way, is travel insurance not needed for you? Or is it only required for the dependant?

For visa application it is required for your spouse only... It is mentioned that it is not required if the employee can prove that spouse will be covered under his insurance on arrival... But when I checked with Mumbai consulate, they asked me to attach...

Yeah, it is always good and on safer side to buy a travel insurance for spouse. For the main applicant, it is understood (by consulate) that employer covers this.

Can anybody guide what option I should select from below  for my dependents? They(wife+infant) are applying along with me.

1. Paid work  (I suppose this option for my own application)
2. Family reunion art.10
3. Family reunion art.40
4. Family reunion spouse worker art10 bis$2
5. Independent means

Also, how much the contribution to be paid for myself and the dependent. I assume it is not required for kids.

Option 4 for dependent wife.... Contribution is 350 euros and for spouse it is 200 euros... Check with consulate regarding infant

Thanks Jay.
Can you also confirm the number of days to mention in visa application? The work permit is valid for 365 days, can we ask for visa more than that number?

patiltush wrote:

Thanks Jay.
Can you also confirm the number of days to mention in visa application? The work permit is valid for 365 days, can we ask for visa more than that number?

Hi patiltush,

How long did your wp processing take? Guess it was in Flanders region.

patiltush wrote:

Thanks Jay.

Does not really matter. D type visa is issued for initial entry. Once you are here, you will get a residence permit for you and dependents and thereafter visa is not relevant anymore. You may fill 365 days. Sometimes they give 365 days, sometimes 180 days.

Thanks Aneesh for your quick help.
Now I can safely complete my application, however with only doubt about purpose of travel for infant. 😀

Hi

Hope not too late, the vfs has the flexibility to edit your visa form during the day of application. So do not worry on that.I know the online form is very contradictory to the information on dofi, just fill the best of your knowledge, it can be changed on discussion with the vfs official in the Belgium counter.

Btw the Embassy has a record sending a default reply every time. So never rely on the robots.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Ankita.
However, the form was correctly filled and I received my visa but with a new question.
I received visa valid till Oct 2019 and my dependents received it valid till April 2019. Now I am confused whether it will affect validity of residence permit of me and my dependents.

Your visa is only for entry. Once you go there and get a resident card, that's all you need. That'll decide how long you will stay in Belgium.

My spouse and I got the visa recently but i am traveling alone first in coming days to setup things for living. After that my spouse will join me as dependent. Will there be any issues at immigration if my spouse travel second after me?

No. Your spouse can travel in any time during the validity of her visa.

Thank you Aneesh😊

Any help on the process to apply for a resident card?  Can we apply it based on a hotel address? I am applying under Zaventem commune.

Wait till you find a permanant accomodation.

Thanks for the quick reply Aneesh.
The foreigner's registration should still be done within 8 days, right?
My company has arranged a 2 months stay in a studio apartment. So I will be renting house by end of next month. Therefore I was planning to apply based on hotel address proof.

Hello everyone,

Regarding cover letter, should all visa applicants submit cover letter including kids? Should cover letter be written by dependants too or is it like the primary visa applicant writing a cover letter on behalf of the dependents?

Thanks.

Hi,

As I understood, the 'Main purpose of the journey' for wife should be "Family reunion spouse worker art10 bis$2".

What should be  'Main purpose of the journey' for my son who is a student?

Thanks.
Jim

@ Jim :

For more visibility, it would be better if you can actually create a new fresh thread in the Brussels forum and to ask all your questions.
As you are new, i would also advise you to introduce yourself and to tell us more on your project in the new thread.  :happy:

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team