Getting from Phnom Penh to Phu Quoc

I'm a USA citizen, do I need a visa , I want to buy a bus , ferry ticket
Is it easy ? Hard ?  Any information would be appreciated

twinsguy20 wrote:

I'm a USA citizen, do I need a visa , I want to buy a bus , ferry ticket
Is it easy ? Hard ?  Any information would be appreciated

Hi Twinsguy,

Very easy !

There are regular bus + ferry trips from Kep (only 20 km. from the border).

Check schedules with a reliable Kep travel agent like Any Travels (phone ‭03 66 36 66 63‬).

From PP to Kep one of the best mini-van co. is Giant Ibis.

As European I don't know about visa for USA citizens. Again, check with Any Travels. They know the answer.

Have a nice trip to Phu Quoc !

Best
Marcelo

Thank you

I gave you already answer on the same question you asked in a PM.

But for the larger audience here the same answers.

If you cross the border at Ha Tien you get a free visa for the SEZ [Special Economic Zone], Phu Quoc seems to be part of that SEZ.
Main condition is that you leave the country through the same border crossing Ha Tien.

You can get from PP to Phu Quoc with an all-in ticket for about $30.
You can also travel on yourself, but you have to arrange everything yourself. Example is you take the bus to Kampot, then a motodop to the border, who will also bring you to the ferry, take the ferry and on the island side take a minivan to town. Costs about the same but more adventurous.
Scam at the border is between motodop and immigration, they try to cash in $5 for the free visa.

Cheers.

Joe

In addition:

The free visa at Ha Tien is for 15 days.

Cheers.

Joe

Yes jo I kept that, just wanted to check someone who went recently said it was a night mare getting a return ticket, the bus company that I usually go with says one way, I have not really checked , I know giant is good, hey yes I am keeping the text as reference for sure, I tend to get lost ha

twinsguy20 wrote:

Yes jo I kept that, just wanted to check someone who went recently said it was a night mare getting a return ticket, the bus company that I usually go with says one way, I have not really checked , I know giant is good, hey yes I am keeping the text as reference for sure, I tend to get lost ha

Rod, you forget about the simplest way to get a ticket: the All-in ticket.
Get it from a tour operator at the Riverside.
It gets you through all hoops, get in in PP, get off at the ferry, minivan at the other side, all paid and organized.

And of course you can get a ticket for the way back too.

Cheers.

Joe

Closed