Schengen visa for spouse of EU national

Hello everyone.

I am non-eu national my wife is Romanian, we want to visite Amsterdam for 8 days.

When i wanted to apply for a touristic visa as spouse of eu who is exercing his right of movment (my wife went 08 days before me) the ambassy called me and told you need proof that you will comeback to your country,

They didnt refuse but they asked me document about my job (this is not problem for me) but they ask this in the checklist.

I wonder if anyone was in same situation plz share your experiences or advices.

Thank you so much.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

A Schengen visa is valid for 90 days, after which, the applicant must leave the country he/she is visiting.  It is normal for many countries when considering such applications to ask for proof that a person is going to leave (for example a return ticket).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello Cynic it is a plaisir for me to talk to you .

I know that i must provide those kind documents .
but my visa application is under thederective 2004 of free movement of EU citizen and their familly members

I provided a return ticket.

I am a bit lost.

Sorry, I'm lost at what your question is.  You applied for a Schengen Visa, under the provisions of that law, the authorities are entitled to ensure that you have the ability to leave the country after your stay and in the process ask you to provide the evidence of such, which they have done and you have complied with.

If you wish to have stayed longer in the Netherlands, then there is a different process and you would have been required to ask for a different visa, where they would not have asked you for such evidence.

this is the problem , i dont want stay in the Netherland and he asked me this by phone.
I just want spend time with my wife before I make family reunification to Romania.

Anyway I think better for me to send the needed documents about my job and bank statement and other proof.

Thank you so much.

Just send them the details that they ask for, I am the same as Cynic confused that the question is or if there is any problem?

SimCityAT
Expat Team

Not to offense you but probably your nationality is a point of concern. To make sure you won't stay in the Netherlands, they ask you the required proof.  It happens often for some nationalities so don't make it a big deal of it.
You'll get your visa and enjoy your stay in the Netherlands.

https://www.netherlandsandyou.nl/docume … -nationals

This is the check list for this type of visa to make you understand.

Hi, read the last sentence in the checklist :
"That additional supporting documents may be requested from the competent authorities."

Hello . about the documents . I was talking with one women living in Malta with her spouse and he is fro the UK and when applying for the visa of family members of EU citizen they ask her for such documents enev if she if she applied from UK before she got her residence card of family member...

also she told that it is hard to get this kind of visa and they

Hello . about the documents . I was talking with one women living in Malta with her spouse and he is fro the UK and when applying for the visa of family members of EU citizen they ask her for such documents enev if she if she applied from UK before she got her residence card of family member...

Also she told that it is hard to get this kind of visa.