Job seeking

Hi guys i have been here teaching for 4 months. Wish to have a change in career. Maybe to management roles instead of being there teaching physically. Wonder if there 's any good advice out there?

So you have only been working for a mere four months.  You don't like it, and instead want to go into Management.

Well, that's life.

I am sorry to hear that. I guess you must be a little unhappy with your life, career and the direction that it has taken. You know, life is what you make of it. It really is. I am not kidding. No one else will wave a magic wand and make your life perfect. Only you and your attitude can do that. You need to make an appraisal of your life.

You need to do it before you make any job or career decisions first.

You know, working and having a career is not like selecting a dress or a pair of shoes. It takes time. If you are working in China, then you are locked into a one or two year contract. Breaking it is fraught with problems. Be careful.

I worked 15 years as an engineer before I was eventually promoted into a Management position. It's typically not something that happens after a few months. So remember that most businesses are meritocracies. You are promoted and offered positions based on merit. You haven't been at a position long enough to be promoted to any thing.

Also, take it from me, while there are perks in management, there is also a lot of stress. It's not at all what I once thought it was.

I have a post in my blog titled How to build up your life from nothing. I think that it might help you try to sort out your situation, and find some doors to open and go though.  You can visit it HERE.

Best of luck.

PM for me business connections. Many thanks.