Anybody received work permit recently?

Highly skilled work permit B, if anyone got it recently, when did you start to apply? Mine has been more than four weeks, still no news, so I am getting worried. Just be afraid of rejection, as the job did not match my education and my major.

Nowadays it takes upto 2 months or more for processing of WP B. There are cases where it took even 3 months recently.

Thank you Aneeshks, really worried about the rejection.

It took 8 weeks for mine.

Thank you Jay, can you please let me know when did you submit the application? In which region, Brussels, Flanders or Wallonia?

It was submitted in the 2nd week of July in Flanders. Just today I got hard copy. It was approved after 8 weeks and then it took 2 more weeks for the administration to deliver it to employer.

Thank you Jay, it helps a lot. It seems there is big difference between regions, as I saw somewhere somebody got the permit in one month applied in mid of July.

hello,

it took me more than 2 months , but i have it finally :)

good luck

My work permit was submitted on September 4th. Will keep the forum posted.

When was it filed? When was the permit granted? And when did you get it in hand?

July Aug is vacation period .. So I guess it should have taken more time than usual

Hello,

Even I am going through the same phase. My WP was submitted in Last week of Aug 2018. I am also waiting for an update from my employer. No response yet.

djv14 wrote:

Hello,

Even I am going through the same phase. My WP was submitted in Last week of Aug 2018. I am also waiting for an update from my employer. No response yet.

No worry, it can take up to 8 weeks to have feedback from the authority.

djv14 wrote:

Hello,

Post here when you receive the work permit. Meanwhile there are a number of formalities to be learned/completed.

Nabila.jdoa wrote:

hello,

it took me more than 2 months , but i have it finally :)

good luck

When was you WP applied and when did you receive the same?

Applied mid of may and received end of August

My Work Permit application was filled on 3rd Sep'18 and got approved on 24th Sep'18. May be this is because it was filled after the vacation period.

kallolparial wrote:

My Work Permit application was filled on 3rd Sep'18 and got approved on 24th Sep'18. May be this is because it was filled after the vacation period.

So fast, which region, is it renew or new application?

New application and i believe Flanders. My employer told me applications submitted during July / August, took more time.

kallolparial wrote:

New application and i believe Flanders. My employer told me applications submitted during July / August, took more time.

Can you post here once you get the WP hard copy in hand which your employer will courier to you? My WP was applied on Sep 4th and still I have not heard from my employer.

Thanks.

Sure will do that. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

Any updates anyone? Looks like WP processing is taking a lot of time in Flanders.

Yes, received today. It took almost 8 weeks

HSiddiqui wrote:

Yes, received today. It took almost 8 weeks

Congrats. Which region was it applied in? Flanders? You got the hard copy mailed to you in 8 weeks or the approval itself took 8 weeks?

Hello, I got my Wp finally, Flanders, 7.5weeks

Blueberry2018 wrote:

Hello, I got my Wp finally, Flanders, 7.5weeks

At last! Congrats.

Congratulations

Anyone whose application was submitted in last week of August and first week of September in Flanders and got their work permit?

Took 24 days in Gent(Flanders).Bus seems like people get it slower in Antwerp

Has anyone applied in the Brussels region recently?