Buying electronics and computers on Ebay.com

A Vietnamese told me some company handling the import & payment of duty and tax.

° Do you know the website of this company?

° Have you used them or

° Ebay's international shipping program by a company (Pitney & Bowes, so a similar name)

° Last questions: am needing a tablet.

- how much are new IPADs, the entry level 2017 model, with 4G LTE ?

- Are Huawais Media Pads any good?

Was thinking of buying used in the U.S.

Cheers,

The media pads are OK, nothing special performance wise.

If you must have a 3g or 4g tablet the why not go for the Samsung tab S3, a newer one has just launched so the previous mode should be a lot cheaper.

I would recommend you a MiPad4, has 4G LTE, works and doesnt cost a fortune:
https://www.mi.com/mipad4/

160 normal version
280 plus version

Darwin123 wrote:

160 normal version
280 plus version

Take care - their equipment (even their wifi extender and smartwatch) requires you to give permission to upload everything on your phone.
I refuse to buy their stuff for that reason.

Take SKYPE. Nowadays, they just removed the option to somewhat contral the installation of "updates" (errm aka NSA spy patches). The whole internet is one giant spying machine...

Had a good firewall once. Before anything happened, a bot would report stuff to the "mothership" in Redmond (Microsoft).

MiPad?

I only know MyPad from Mapple.  :lol:

Most of not all devices have some form of potential built in Spyware.

Manufacturers argue its to improve user experience.

Fred wrote:
Darwin123 wrote:

160 normal version
280 plus version

Take care - their equipment (even their wifi extender and smartwatch) requires you to give permission to upload everything on your phone.
I refuse to buy their stuff for that reason.

Their equipment doesn't require you to give permission for that. It's the software and when you know what you are doing you don't have to give that permission as well. Another option is to just install a different OS.

KruChris wrote:

A Vietnamese told me some company handling the import & payment of duty and tax.

° Have you used them or

° Ebay's international shipping program by a company (Pitney & Bowes, so a similar name)

Cheers,

iPad are very inexpensive in USA especially iPad 4 132G. Brand new are under $250. I think any newer model is fine. I used the mini for portable convenience. I haven't use a laptop over one year.

Hong Kong has an expat group to buy in US and pickup in HK. I would be interested if there's such an option in VN.
I want to by a 2017 Mac online and pickup in VN.

Paul123 wrote:
KruChris wrote:

° Have you used them or

Cheers,

iPad are very inexpensive in USA especially iPad 4 132G. Brand new are under $250. I think any newer model is fine. I used the mini for portable convenience. I haven't use a laptop over one year.

Hong Kong has an expat group to buy in US and pickup in HK. I would be interested if there's such an option in VN.
I want to by a 2017 Mac online and pickup in VN.

There is a Facebook group called Vietnam Friends Deliver that does the same.

A local showed me a website last year. It added shipping & the import duty and or tax, so one saw the final amount in VND. I'll investigate and report back when I get their name.

Ebay prices make you weep with envy. Check out good used Thinkpad X230 / 240 / 250 with slots for SIM cards. SSD, more RAM and these light & compact beauties will soar.

---

Does someone know the street ptices of Apple products? Following their recent presentation, The Iphone 6 is now for sale @ 200 € with free shipping on Ebay Germany, www.ebay.de That's about 5,000.000 VND.
---

Had the Ipad Mini 2 years ago. Took good photos with it, it was small, light and really versatile. And easier to handle than a similarly priced Samsung tablet. (They make Samsung phones in BAC NINH. 20% discount to employees, I heard. Alas, no tablets AFAIK)