Saudi car in UAE

Hi
I'm Saudi and I'm moving to Dubai for work.
Is there any difference between having a Saudi plate or UAE plate in term of the cost of insurance in UAE or anything else?
Also, I have a Saudi driving license, does it work forever? or do I need to get a UAE one?
Thank you

You need to get a UAE license as once you get Emirates ID as a GCC national, you shouldn't be driving on a Saudi license.   No one will bother but it's good to be compliant.

You might find that UAE insurance companies only cover you for third party and ask you to get the comprehensive insurance (for damages to your car) from Saudi itself.   

I am not sure of what the arrangement is between UAE and Saudi but in other countries e.g. Saudi and Bahrain, insurance companies are not allowed to offer cover across the border for cars registered in other countries.  For example, you can't get a Saudi insurance company to provide good comprehensive cover for a Bahrain number plate; only third party and vice versa.  So what people do (with Bahrain plates) when driving in Saudi is to have full GCC cover from a Bahrain company and get 3rd party from a Saudi company at the causeway.