Extended stay visas for Australians in the Philippines

Hello everyone,
My partner and I wanted to spend some extended time in the Philippines (approximately 6 months) and I have read on the internet that there is a visa that can be extended for a maximum of a 36 month stay.
However when I approached the consulate here in Australia they told me I only had two options - one was to enter on a 30 day no visa and the other was to get a single entry 59 day visa and then leave the country but they had never heard about the visa that allows up to a 36 month extension or any other visa that that allows extensions for tourism.
I am a bit confused as i often read about people extending their visas.
If anyone can offer any help and the requirements I would be so grateful.
Thanks in advance

Get your first Visa in Australia before you leave.  This will allow you to stay for a maximum of 59 days and will be the cheapest option for you.  About 4 or 5 days before the expiration of your first Visa, make a visit to the Philippine Bureau of Immigration and get another 2 month extension.  You may continue with 2 month extensions up to 2 years...
You will view many different options here on this site for your 6 month visit to the Philippines, but Visa extension rules have changed in 2018.   
Always check the official Government website.

http://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirem … nd-59-days

Dear Bob, thank you for your helpful reply.
Do you know the process of extending when in the Philippines? Is it difficult?
Thanks again! I appreciate your help.

You simply need to rock up at immi especially from a first world country at the airport if you want to extend your stay to 59 days providing you are not black listed, to extend for up to 3 years on your initial entry requires visits to immi/BI to secure. A simple entry tourist visa offers 30 days, if you want longer then spend the time and extend with immi at the airport but do have Pesos including small denominations, alternately extend once you have settled in.
Do the yards and research, info is available on this and other sites as wells BI sites.
Google is my best friend and should be yours.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi, no 36months extension for sure.. 

I am a filipina married to american.  We went to Philippines last year from USA sept 6, 2017.

His entry,  was a one year stamp(on his passport)  stay no need for application he just have to show up at the immigration at the airport with me at the arrival . So,  after a year,  he has to extend it to have a legal stay here. 
We extended it on september 7, and we paid a penalty for the 1day late.

What we did,  went to immigration here extended for 2months.. Paid 3240pesos and we will renew it before it expires or we will pay an extra penalty again.

Some immigration(i.e:cebu) allows 6months, but here in bohol island they only allow 2months for whatever the (money wink wink)  reason.

My husband,  since married to a filipina can have the option to do the balikbayan--go out of the country for a day and reenter the country  to get another  one year stamp on his passport.

If your entry is tourist, you'd  get a much lesser extension.. I am not sure how many days but probably would depend on what passport you're  holding.

There's  no problem on the extension as long as you have the money to PAY,  and doesn't  have any criminal record during your stay. 

Goodluck!

I will be writing  my experience at the immigration in bohol. Hoping you'll  find it on facebook... Just to help fellow fellas and get ideas on what to expect  at the immigration.  It is not the most desirable experience to say the least.

Wishin you the best!

Marxel

Marxel wrote:

I will be writing  my experience at the immigration in bohol. Hoping you'll  find it on facebook... Just to help fellow fellas and get ideas on what to expect  at the immigration.  It is not the most desirable experience to say the least.

Wishin you the best!

Marxel

Don't we all love philippine immigration stories lol. Please do share it also on this forum.

Haha

I will! (share it here at the forum)

😉
Soon.  Not now tho. 

Good windy dawn everyone!