Can anyone help to understand the job market in NZ!

Hi Everybody,

Me and my wife are planning to move to Auckland by Jan 2019, She wants to complete her higher education.
We have started applying to the Universities in New Zealand, while I know I can get a dependent work visa while she's completing her masters but I am a bit concerned about how the job market is in New Zealand for someone who is a IT Recruitment Consultant with 5 years of experience in the field of recruitment.
I just wanted to understand how easy or hard is it to get a job in New Zealand?
What are the way to find the a job?

Your help and advice would deeply be appreciated.   
Thanks

First of all, if you guys can hurry up then try to get your visa approved before 26 of November 2018. You will be a lot better in terms of your rights.

More details in this official link: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-u … l-students

Secondly Auckland will sound like a better option to start with, obviously because it's biggest city and has 40 % of the jobs from overall NZ but it will be a nightmare down the track when you guys will need points for residency and when you'll want to settle down, buy a home, raise family..

Regarding Job's there are plenty and that's how almost 4.8 million people are surviving here with one of the lowest unemployment rate in the world :) but do not expect a job to land on your doorstep within first week of your arrival and above all do not expect to get job offer when you are sitting in India and don't even yet have a visa.

P.S. You current work experience is in hot demand here :) but for someone with "LOCAL WORK EXPERIENCE"

gourav wrote:

First of all, if you guys can hurry up then try to get your visa approved before 26 of November 2018. You will be a lot better in terms of your rights.

More details in this official link: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-u … l-students

Secondly Auckland will sound like a better option to start with, obviously because it's biggest city and has 40 % of the jobs from overall NZ but it will be a nightmare down the track when you guys will need points for residency and when you'll want to settle down, buy a home, raise family..

Regarding Job's there are plenty and that's how almost 4.8 million people are surviving here with one of the lowest unemployment rate in the world :) but do not expect a job to land on your doorstep within first week of your arrival and above all do not expect to get job offer when you are sitting in India and don't even yet have a visa.

P.S. You current work experience is in hot demand here :) but for someone with "LOCAL WORK EXPERIENCE"

Hi Gourav,

Thank you once again!

gourav wrote:

And hey I forgot to ask you, is Indian work experience considered in NZ?

Depends on the situation, type of job you have applied, company where you worked in India. So there is no certain answer, but most of the time Indian experience doesn't count much. In terms of using it for gaining points for residency application "NO" it does not count at all. Even if you have worked in the biggest MNC (But there are still some cases where you will be able get points for your Indian work experience)