Learning portuguese

Hi there,

I'm living in Brazil and trying my hardest to learn Portuguese (I'm dyslexic so languages have always been difficult for me). I'm having 1:1 classes which are fantastic but think I need more opportunity to practice as my work (and family life) is all in English.

Could anyone recommend conversation classes (online or face to face in Sao Paulo) or any other resources that helped them? I probably should be intermediate by now but still feel a bit of a beginner so something that works at that level?

Hoping if I can build my confidence this way it will help speed things along!

Thanks!

I would think you would be able to find more English/Portuguese speaking people in SP. Try to find those and they can help
I too have 1 on 1 and professora pushes me more to going out and about and just try to practice.
I live in a much smaller city but try my best during a doctor visit, going to eat and shopping to practice. Not everyone can speak English but many try and I always thank them and  go back when I can.
I find the locals appreciate me trying and they are helpful.

i just started learning portuguese 2.5 months ago, but i'm roughly following this guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Portuguese/wiki/resources-ptbr

although, really, you should try to take advantage of anyone who wants to learn english.  you can set up a language exchange where you speak in english for 30 minutes, and then you speak in portuguese for 30 minutes.  i did this once with someone over skype.

there's an app called hellotalk, but i haven't tried it yet.  that might help

readlang and lingq will help you read portuguese stuff.

readlang is free.  i haven't tried lingq.com, but you do have to pay for it.

I used "Rosetta Stone" some years ago and it helped me a lot.
Also reading books or websites for small children are good.
They use lots of basic words and phrases, colors, numbers and so on.