Safety in Cancun in 2018/2019

QUESTIONS
What area's of Cancun are dangerous?
And at what time of day is it safe to roam alone?

I do not know the unwritten rules about posting in a thread that is old, but I do have a few questions about safety. I did read other threads.

I am 6'5" tall and 325lbs so I am quite tall with a bit of a gut. The original plan was to go to Cancun for a week and meetup with my buddy there with his family, then I got to thinking and it turned into 2 weeks but I am honestly thinking about staying for a month. My friend is going with his parents. I told him I wanted to meetup a couple times, maybe rent a fishing charter, do a tourist tour, ruins, bus tour whatever is available. I have never been to Mexico, but the majority of the time I will be by myself. I have traveled to Europe for a 4 month trip by myself, I loved Spain and the culture, stayed the longest time there, 3wks I believe. DId the UK, Switz, Austria, Germ, Fra, Italy.

With my two teen daughters I (Mom) stayed in a modest AirBnB for a week in March, out of the tourist zone. Visited the locals' beach. Shopped, sat,strolled, dined. We bused, walked, taxi'd, stayed in sight of others, it's hard to be alone. We did not want to go out after 8 pm so did not. Visited dophins and ruins.

I spend alot of time in Cancun and live in Merida. You will be fine, just use common sense.