I am looking for friends or guides

Hello, I am newbie just found this forum. I am in HCMC for 1 month. Arrived yesterday. It has become very clear to me that you really need a local to be able to understand or do anything in this city, so I am looking for friends or guides. Happy to cover costs or meals etc. I do not speak any Vietnamese :( I am Australian 34yr old.

Any advice also appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi nathan789,

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Your topic has been introduced as a new thread on the Ho Chi Minh City forum for better visibility.

I hope you get replies very soon.

Wish you good luck
Christine

hi, my name is Dang. i am Vietnamese, i am free in this month ( 9/5/2011-9/6/2011). If you want a tour guide in Ho chi Minh city, pls contact to me via : email: [email protected] or (84)1683099905
hope to see you soon in Vietnam. Enjoy your month!

Hi Nathan !
Let call me Linh. I think just 3 days enough to introduce my lovely city to you. It 's great you know more  about life style, food, history and vietnam culture. Let email me at [email protected] Happy to give you advice for your trip as well as help from local friend.

Welcome Nathan.  You'll find most Vietnamese to be very helpful and those that speak English are usually eager to practice their speaking and listening.

I'll PM you my number and the name of another forum.  Feel free to give me a call if you need anything.

nathan789 wrote:

Hello, I am newbie just found this forum. I am in HCMC for 1 month. Arrived yesterday. It has become very clear to me that you really need a local to be able to understand or do anything in this city, so I am looking for friends or guides. Happy to cover costs or meals etc. I do not speak any Vietnamese :( I am Australian 34yr old.

Any advice also appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Nathan, you will get used to it soon, don't worry. The key thing is to know the direction to your home and where to hunt for your favorite food :).  Vietnamese ppl are very friendly (except some cab driver :p).

henrylamcs wrote:

Hi Nathan, you will get used to it soon, don't worry. The key thing is to know the direction to your home and where to hunt for your favorite food :)Vietnamese ppl are very friendly (except some cab driver :p).

I agree with you, bro......:)

Nathan789 - Welcome to HCMC. No worries, Vietnamese ppl as well as all members here are friendly and we all can be of help if needed.

Hi Nathan,
Welcome you to our beautiful city and country,
My name's Jason Nguyen, I live in Saigon, Tan Binh dist,
I'm at work in the office hour, but i'm pretty free in the evening, Nice to make friend with you.
You can contact me via phone N0: 0932 28 29 75

cheers!

Hey guys

I'm in the same position as nathan and posted on a different thread.

I too am a guy from Australia, Melbourne, i'm 29 and will be in Saigon from 17th May - 24th May.  i was thinking of heading to dalat and the mekong delta, but my plan is pretty open and i'm sure i'll need a quite few days in SG.

I can't speak much viet, but i have a phrasebook that's come in handy.  i'd like to meet someone to hangout with for a few days to soak up the culture.

look forward in meeting you all.
Rob

Jason my neigbourg!! I'm also living in Tan Binh dist.

welcome to vietnam...me too im just new here :)

dear, I am vietnamese and I very happy to show you about HCMC.

Welcome to Vietnam, Nathan. Sai Gon is a nice city, ^^ Let's enjoy your times,:D

thorny_rose wrote:

Welcome to Vietnam, Nathan. Sai Gon is a nice city, ^^ Let's enjoy your times,:D

The sentence is red seems inappropriate.....:lol::lol::lol:

lostsouls wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

The sentence is red seems inappropriate.....:lol::lol::lol:

You tease me la. why is it  inappropriate? :dumbom:
( I go to bed now, tomorrow i have a important work, when come back will " treatment" this mater. :D:D )

Hi, I am from Singapore and is living in Vietnam for more than 10 years. If you still looking for some one to show you around or understand the local culture we may be friend.

looking for your reply soon. regards

hi! welcome Viet Nam