Working in Malaysia

Hi All,
I am a Motorsport contractor and so work for different companies all the time (up to 4 different teams in a month) I am registered in the UK as a Ltd company. How do I get a work permit for Malaysia? What type of permit do i need?
Am I able to apply for this myself as it seems most of the information I have read indicates the the employer needs to. As I am a company myself, teams effectively buy my services from me for a set time (1-5 days) so I am not an actual employee of there's.

I hope this makes sense to people and I appreciate any help you may be able to give me

You would need to set up a company and get an EP as the Director of that entity to offer services in Malaysia. There are various types to investigate.

Labuan offshore companies allow you to have up to 30% of your earnings in Malaysia. There are other options but you would need to discuss with a registered Company Secretary (all foreign-owned entities have to use the services of one in Malaysia).

For Labuan offshore incorporation, suggest a trusted lawyer at www.simplyoffshore.com   What is important is to understand ALL the overheads for this type of business entity.

For other options its best to speak to a legal firm or accountant rather than an Agent. There are quite high Paid-Up Capital requirements. Only a couple of the business entity types are applicable when a foreigner e.g. Sdn Bhd, LLP, or a Partnership (Joint Venture with local Malaysian).

https://www.3ecpa.com.my/blog/different … a-company/

It's quite a complex area so best to do some research and then speak to professional advisors. Rules change regularly which is the role of the Company Secretary to implement.