MoE (Ministry of Education) teaching position 2018

Hi everybody,

This post is regarding the teaching roles the MoE have arranged for those starting in September (I've been told we start on the 16th).
I'm a graduate from Manchester, who will be teaching Maths (I think in Sharjah but that's not definite). I was wondering if anyone else is starting around the same time and/or is from England?
Would love to hear back from anyone who is involved with the MoE in some way!

Hi fay-war, I too have applied for a graduate Maths teacher role for MoE as well via astute. But I have requested to start in January 2019. I would love to hear about how your experience has been so far. Do you have any idea where the 6 month training will be based?
Good luck!

Hiya mate, that's funny because I requested a January start date but was told that September was my only option. My experience with Astute education has been stressful to say the least. A week before I was told my start date I rang twice and was told there will be more start dates, some in October and some in January. This was obviously false. To be honest I feel a bit messed about but since I'm a graduate I'm definitely expendable and have no leverage to negotiate a different start date.

All the final details are still up in the air and to be determined. My friend has gone through another agency and has much more information than I do. That being said I think the training centre is in Ajman, but can't be 100% certain.

Hi,I am still applying for the position of a KG Teacher since 1st August 2018.Until now,I got interviews but no calls.It seems that teacher recruitment is so hard because of such rigorous trainings and qualifications.The schools are demanding so much from the applicant.Is there any suggestion or idea on what are the preparations in applying for a teaching position?Please send your comments.

Ah your experience does sound quite stressful! They should've let you start in January if you requested to. On the job description it was advertised as October 2018/January 2019 start date. But I feel the experience is quite stressful and unorganised as well.
I spoke to someone from Astute about where the training will be based and he said that he has no idea yet. I'm thinking surely we need all this information so we can start planning accommodation etc. But they are very vague about certain stuff. Probably should've gone through your mates agency! But definitely do keep me updated.

Zkhan5 - Well you'd expect them to at least give me the October start date as advertised but nope...we're at the mercy of the disorganisation of the MoE. Personally a lot of the accommodation planning will come from advice from teachers that have already settled there but I agree it would be nice to know where I'm actually going. Even talking to family they will ask me where abouts in the UAE will you be working, reply with I have no idea every time. The other agency have told their graduates that you will most likely need to find temporary accommodation during the two months training...I really want to avoid doing this - it's going to make the costs of settling in somewhere so much higher. Surely the school and training centre aren't going to be that far apart that I can't find accommodation in between the two locations.

liluthernandez49 - Personally I was lucky in the preparation. They told us for the interview we would need to plan a lesson, however this was scrapped and instead we got given a maths problem to solve in front of the interviewer acting as if we were in front of a class. Before the interview however we had a maths test to do. Althought it was A-Level difficulty they give you an insane amount of questions to do in the time and I'm almost certain they don't expect anyone to finish on time.

Hopefully others who are starting in September see this , would be nice to get to know a couple of people before leaving.

I was also due to start on 16th September but did not receive my flight details and visa in time as am looking to start end of month. The start dates are very flexible and are often every 2 weeks. I have regular spoken to individuals who have been flown at regular intervals, however these are qualified teachers and are not on the training program. I believe the training programs are scheduled at certain points in the year maybe this is the reason you are being flown out on set dates. 

If you delay your start date you also delay your agency receiving commission for hiring you.

I was set to start September the 30th but still haven't received my flight details and visa. Was wondering whether you heard anything after your delay?

No I haven't received anything and my agency saying next date will be 14th october.

Hi,

Forgot to update this forum once I heard back but I ended up getting deferred to January so it has all worked out quite well for me fortunately.  Told them a September start is too short notice so they pushed me back however I will have to pay for the visa. Not heard back since this was all discussed.

The week they told me I was going I was told they would also provide me with the visa and flight schedule...never received either of them and that was within 2 days of me supposedly leaving the country. All very disorganized.

Has anyone who was supposed to start with the MOE this September heard anything from them or from the recruitment agency?

I heard last week that I didn't get my visa in time for september start so I should be prepair myself for october 14th start but nothing confirmed. He advised ne he won't have any updates till 8th october the earliest

Hi everyone,
Im from India. Moe interviews are done last month. And I got intial offer letter and I'm waiting for the final contract. Can anyone tell me how long it will take to get final contract? and is it sure we'll get final contract after intial offer letter??
Please share information.

Hi everyone,
I have attended the interview in Mumbai on 14th Oct for the post of Maths Teacher as a direct candidate. There were some more direct candidates like me. Can any body share the information whether you got any initial offer letter from MOE by now. Is there any means to know the result of the interview?

Devarajan Pillai

Hi everyone,
I have attended the interview in Mumbai on 14th Oct for the post of Maths Teacher as a direct candidate. There were some more direct candidates like me. Can any body share the information whether you got any initial offer letter from MOE by now. Is there any means to know the result of the interview?

Devarajan Pillai

After getting initial offer it is not confirmed you will get a contract. You need to wait and see if you have passed the pre employment checks

How long it will take to know if we passed pre employment check??

Shouldn't be too long but there isn't a set time

Is there any chance that the candidate will fail in  pre employment check?
What do they really check in pre employment process?
Need to give notice to my current employer. Here notice period is nearly 45-50 days. Even during interview they said it is for junauary start. Really confused, don't know what to do.

Please share your information.

Yes you can fail the pre employment check, best thing to do is wait to receive the news you have passed the pre employment and have got your contract before you resign. Once you have got the contract you can pick the date you want to travel and these dates can be in the future. After getting the contract it could still take 6-8 weeks before you fly so this would be sufficent enough notice.

If you don't wait for your contract and you submit your resignation you possible could be out of a job

Thank you!

Hi guys! I am also going for maths grad programme and applied through Astute but not sure if everything will be sorted before the Jan 2019 start; I am wondering how long it took for your dbs to come through?
How long does it take after dbs to get the final contract and visa/tickets sorted?
Cheers!

Hi guys I got my offer letter yesterday for chemistry teacher
Would you help me out giving ur experience in next process..

Hi!
Have you started your dbs application?

There is a long wait but show patience

Are the starting dates flexible for teacher training program? My agency said that January 2019 is the only starting date as far as they know.

Today I was informed by my agency that I have passed pre employment check. And I need to submit my birth certificate, PCC, experience letter, attested certificates.
But still didn't get contract.
Can I give notice to my current employer??? Or still I need to wait for anything else??

I would wait till contract is in your hand. Submit everything. The reason I say it could take few months before you have contract and than another few months before you fly, maybe you migbt be lucky and everything is done quick

cabss wrote:

Today I was informed by my agency that I have passed pre employment check. And I need to submit my birth certificate, PCC, experience letter, attested certificates.
Can I give notice to my current employer??? Or still I need to wait for anything else??

Have you already got your DBS?

Congratulations ......one must resign only after getting the final contract as it is clearly mentioned by MOE officials in the initial offer letter already sent by them.

I too recieved the same mail.  Called my agency regarding the mobilisation date.  They said there is only one start date available.  Jan 6. And it is confirmed.

cabss wrote:

Btw which place are you from?

What is dbs??

Anyone from mumbai

how long does it take to get the final contract from moe uae after getting the initial offer letter

Have you got your visa now?

Be patience it can take up to 6 months. You might find it hard to believe but it can. Don't worry about it too much, carry on with your daily lives and than one day everything will fall in place

Anyone got any updates?

I am still waiting for my final contract. Getting a bit anxious as we are in December and I was told I would start in January.

No updates

Hi, I got my contract today only.