Company Registration

hi i am travelling soon to indonesia and i am planning to do a bakery business so i want some assistance on which kind of company i should construct knowing that it will be a family business and if any help about the costs it will be much appreciated

I was told that no foreigner could open a business in Indonesia unless he or she takes a local partner. Is that not the case?
Thanks in advance.

It depends if it is listed company Glenn as a negative investment.

thanks for the reply my business is in selling bakery products so i guess it is classified as cafe

Fred wrote:

You're going to have to look at this very carefully as the minimum investment for a foreign owned company is pretty big and there are lots of well established local competitors you'll have to grab market share from.

I thought some cities here could use private companies to maintain its historic buildings, or at least to clean it professionally once a year like in Bath, St Remy de Provence or Avignon, and have a contract with the gov. Even in really small cities sometimes we find very beautiful building form before the War.

I surely should be able to find it through google if I dig deep enough, but what is “big” in terms of monetary requirement? More than 100,000 Euro?

Thanks.

fantastic!
Thanks.

Your Indo partner is more like a nominee.  And if the business is successful, they can walk off with your business.  Foreign investment companies require about $150,000 of capitalization and you have a board and you pay maybe $6,000 to set up maybe $1,500 a year but you'll have a board of local people That's fine.  Somehow villa  owners can create a company for $6,000 first year and then about $1,200 a year since then. 

It's not as terrible as it sounds as most countries do something like this,. But there is an increased interest in income tax,. And to cap it all, you are not supposed to be working.  If your phone working without a key to us they can blacklist you for 6 years.  They say five but it would be more.