Permiso de residencia

Hello everyone. I hope someone can help me. I have been living here in Spain for 2 years now. I am from a non EU country. Came here because of work but sadly last week my employment was terminated. I have a Permiso de Residencia card that is still valid until July 2019 but now I'm concerned since I read that because I came here to work for that company but now I don't, that my residence here will be cancelled. My plan was to actually stay and look for another job but now I am not sure I am allowed to. Can someone help me please.

I suggest you ask at the Extranjeria at the Polica Nacional    That way you will get the correct answer instead of maybe guesses

Good luck

Hi there!

As a European Union citizen you can live in Spain without a problem. Still you must be registered at the European Union Registry of the Ministry of Interior.

If you need further help, please right me back.

Cheers!

Carlos R. del Valle
Barrister & Solicitor
Madrid

Carlos as a lawyer I should be surprised that did not read the question !

The poster is Filipino, check out the profile, clearly saying in the question she/he is NON EU

Hi there again!

Sorry...my mistake.

The problem you have is that you were working "por cuenta ajena" (contracted)..so your company was paying your social security tax.

The only solution you have in case you are not contracted again is to change your working status to "autónomo" (self employeed). But this implies that you have to pay for your social security yourself.

Regards,

Carlos....

I would like you to contact me at ***.

It has to do with legal advice.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security